The Biker Nod

85 Posts | Latest reply on 31/12/2010 16:56:42 by Contradiction | Go to original / last post
tiber69's Profile
tiber69

In: Bury St Edmonds
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I'm forever giving other bikers the nod.... some nod back.... stick their leg out or wave.... I always think the ones that don't just think they are above the rest of us for some reason. They have no biker etiquette!!!!   When cars let me through I always put my hand up to say thank you.... when cars try to close the gap on me though then I acknowledge them too by "re-aligning" their mirrors slightly.... just my way of returning the "annoyance factor" they extended to me Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
fxr swas's Profile
fxr swas

In: South Shields
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

I like to pull up along side and hang around a bit even when they decide to move and let the vance and hines rip,and the thumbs up to show my appreciation for eventually moving of course.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I nod at all and sundary, don't always get one back though, odd thing is cruisers riders don't nod back when I'm my Gixer, but do most times when I'm on the SP-1 must be a twin thing Confused   I think it's the older bikers who nod more than younger ones because when I started riding all bikers nodded, and visiting continental ones waved.                                                                                                                                                                             
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

In: Consett

Not really a nodder, not because I'm un-friendly, but mainly because I forget to.
I learnt to ride in and around London and there are just so many bikes, you'd end up like the 'Churchill' dog.

BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

I ride a Harely and have to admit that alot of Harley riders don't nod.  I, on the other hand am a serial nodder and do feel peeved we I get no response back.  I have conculded though, that the other bikers have probably been ignored on several occasions by Harley riders so they think I won't nod either - phew that was long winded LOL Anyway I you see me, Streetbob with flames - I travel to England alot as well - WAVE please and I will do the same Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                               
simonchev's Profile
simonchev

In: hayle
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

I`m finding at the moment in the rain and frost that they all seem to nod/wave back i think its shock seeing a tractor out in that sort of weather,but i have given up waving to tractor riders when i`m on the zl coz they don`t acknowledge.

DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

^^^Ouch!
Bet the Blade rider I overtook on my John Deere didn't tell his mates Wink

fxr swas's Profile
fxr swas

In: South Shields

I always thought it was a mutual respect thing,Biker t'Biker, must be getting old and confusing the past and present.                                                                                                                                                                              
honda baby's Profile
honda baby

In: Belper

we should stick together regardless as to what your riding ! after all sometimes it feels like it's us against the world ! ...nods all round i say !                                                                                                                                                                              
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

it was always a wave when I was younger,nobody really nodded as far as I remember but the left hand always went up.everybody stopped for everyone else too                                                                                                                                                                             
Say_Ten's Profile
Say_Ten

In: Solihull
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Nods are for people like me who accidentally wave with their right hand :/

I even nod to scooters.  If I get no acknowledgment then I don't worry too much, they may pick the etiquette up if enough people nod at them is my thinking.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It's rude not to Nod its a brothers of the road thing i Nod everyone.

Gsadventuregaz's Profile
Gsadventuregaz

In: Hellifield

Hi all, I have been riding for about 24 yrs off and on. I found that when i started on my trailie i got nods off other 125'rs then as i progressed up the ladder i found that i got nods off bigger bikes.I rode zx9r for 11 yrs and found that i was nodded at by all apart from the goldwingers and pan people with exceptions mind you. now im riding a pan i get the nod off them and most sports bikes and cruisers lol. i nod to all including scooter boys and girls but they mostly seem to busy trying not to run up some car drivers backside. still they got to start somewhere i suppose. regards gaz
Palamie's Profile
Palamie

In: Stirling

I always nod, even managed it on my test.

Newbie on site so is the Nod feature the same thing or is it more of a wink Wink in terms of the dating part of the site?  Or either or both? Smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

palamie i think its down to the individuals perception of a nod...   i never used to return nods, now i do; to me it just means hi...! if people misinterpret the intent, then im sure as adults we can put the record straight! lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
Palamie's Profile
Palamie

Geordielass.  Hi- just sent you one LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

@Palamie

I go by what it says in someones profile, if they are looking for friends, then its a 'Hi', other than that,  a nod is as good as a wink.

Hehe got that in there LOL

Palamie's Profile
Palamie

Dynatoon  I walked right into that one.  LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

ty palamie.. ive returned it hun!!!   Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

BM is a good place Smile nudge nudge wink wink say no more say no more                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.1084 seconds. There are 712 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption