Best bike

51 Posts | Latest reply on 09/12/2011 00:54:28 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

The one you own at any given moment..... Ermm   But seriously,     if its open mouthed nose against the showroom window stuff then the 1978-9 Honda CBX-6 way ahead of the game on ther late 70's   If we're talking bikes that moved us into the sports bike present then the first 893cc Fireblade has to be king.   but on shere looks alone it has to be the original Ducati 916 it just doesn't date, and still looks jaw dropping almost 15 years later,   If we're talking performance then the bike (i have now) the GSXR1000 K5/K6 series is is just about the quickest thing i've slung a leg over in the past 12 years, and just takes your breathe away when you wack the throttle open in almost any gear.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

All luvely, luvely bikes but please it has to be a stroker.                                                                                                                                                                              
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

Rosso you missed out the cb450 black bomber, hondas first big bike,
Best bike was  the first one to have an engine in because it started the whole ball game rolling.Approve

potnoodles's Profile
potnoodles

In: Sheffield

JustJerry - you obviously havent parked an Vincent next to an MV - no contest in my book - but then I dont like antiques personally, and neither do a lot of others.                                                                                                                                                                              
chickflick75's Profile
chickflick75

In: Merseyside

Honda MT5 (my first bike - simple and cute just like me LOL)   fireblade - but wish they'd make a comfier pilly seat! would love to go into the ins and outs of engine and torque and grip etc but haven't got a bloomin clue - just love the look, the style and the ride of it (as a pilly of course)                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
94% Karma94% Karma 94% Karma94% Karma

Your right chickflick it has to be a fireblade there good for everything solo, but the older ones are better for pillys, do you want a ride on mine CF,

clarkee's Profile
clarkee

In: Stockport
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Pots, thats an interesting comparison "challenge",  MV vs Vincent.  My money is on the Vincent anyday.  It would be like comparing a plastic bottle, to swiss watch, mechanism.........IMO                                                                                                                                                                              
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

Hey folks....how about we modify the thread slightly? Lets compare our partners or phaps exes to a brand/model of bike..... hmmm  perhaps not ....lolLOL where me tin hat gone....                                                                                                                                                                             
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

Shocked Rossoandy - you are a scamp for sure !!!!!! lol   I'm not technical enough to say what is the best bike - I can only comment out of the 10 bikes I have owned.  Although I ride a Harley Road King now, my favourite was a shaft driven Kawasaki VN 1500 Big smile, would love to get a Drifter as a second bike, because they look like the old Indian - I'd prefer an Indian but that's never going to happen.                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

nah BK, U probobaly have to travel to Americia and get on one of the reservations to meet one...not sure if mixed race relationships frowned on by the Soix or Cheyanne either..                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

YOU wont believe this but.... me and my mate sitting on the dock of the bay newcastle,waiting for boat for an excursion europa,but wait for it  a- vincent black shadow-All singing all dancing- beautiful bike rumbles up to us.The old boy was goin on a shadow meet [s] europe. You have to see something in the flesh and ride it to appreciate its worth,did i get a tour of car park mmmm?                                                                                                                                                                              
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S

Buell XB12R firebolt

.......oh and if you've never owned/ridden then no comments lol

Paj1369's Profile
Paj1369

In: Pickering (York)
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Any of the Pan Euro's,.. but the later/bigger the better.                                                                                                                                                                              
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

I am with clarkee and EMDEE on this one. You can' beat a classic, especially like the Black Shadow or Brough Superior.   It depends what critrea we use to judge the best bike. Some want speed others want comfort and me I like character. But one thing is for sure the classics gain in value, where as modern bikes deteriate in value rapidly. I paid £6150 for my old beemer and I could sell it now for 8K, in the USA probably 12K and that is in just 9 months. I have ridden it and done what ever is needed to look after it and thats cost next to nothing so far. Ok Beemers love them or hate them but you can't beat the reliabilty even the old ones.   If I could afford them I would have a Black Shadow or Brough Superior, but preferably both.                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

ref DAVID Neale I know a guy not ten mins from me got FOUR  v twin vinnies in his gge! All are immaculate. And assorted other Brit classics too....and at least one jap classic a restored RD25E.....bah. But he does ride em regularly in the summer spoilt fer choice tho...he will be at the BM camp/40s weekend  I hope wiv one of emm..                                                                                                                                                                             
sumodwarf's Profile
sumodwarf

In: billericay
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

who cares

davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

Heh rossoandy21   Tell me more about the camp/40s weekend, I may be up fot that.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Big smile Its all down to personal preference me thinks and for me it has to be mine .... my beloved Hettie aka Hornet 250 Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
potnoodles's Profile
potnoodles

In: Sheffield

Vincent a swiss watch?? PMSL no way - MV plastic? not true either. And more people would want the MV to ride than a Vincent - the only thing the Vincent has is collectable value as its an antique                                                                                                                                                                             
IanT1966's Profile
IanT1966

In: Birkenhead
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Best bike ever made ooh thats a tuff un,

How ever I throw in my two penorth worth.
Honda VFR 750F 1986-1989,
why the consumate all rounder, you could tour on it, commute on it, go out for a days scratching on it and if you have sufficiently large testicles
get third place in the trans atlantic series at Oulton Park on a wet track.
on bike straight out of the case with the indicators and mirrors removed and head lamp taped up!!!
If you don't believe me I still have the article from a bike magazine from that time!
I have one and can still keep up with more modern bikes through the twistys in Wales, not bad for a 23 year old bike .
I rest my caseBig smile

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.0469 seconds. There are 678 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption