Meteor Show

34 Posts | Latest reply on 13/08/2009 11:29:03 by moonstone | Go to original / last post
Roaring Ruby's Profile
Roaring Ruby

In: Cardiff
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

LOL at all posts. Thanx Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Heh heh exc, I whipped it out and showed her the stars! Wink   *cough*   Haven't been to Kalahari but have seen the stars over Kruger a few Christmases ago.... without the aid of rum or a rock!                                                                                                                                                                             
moonstone's Profile
moonstone

In: Redditch
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Ohh TC Shocked Can you really see the Northern Lights from the moors? I would love to see them and thought it was only Scotland where they were apparant.  What time of year is best and where about on the moors? I will be looking ot for the meteror shower tonight and tomorrow. Though I wont be lying on my back all I would see is the office ceiling LOL.   Happy Spotting and hope its  not too hard with your telescope  I mean dont strain yourself now!                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Oops, sorry... meant the moors just above my town (in Scotland).   I did have a site bookmarked that notified me of when the lights could be seen. If I find it I will post the address.   pssst - luckily mine comes with a tripod attachment Approve                                                                                                                                                                                 
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

if it clears here i may take bikey to high ground[Hardys monument springs to mind!!]with  bag an flask!! an a camera.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I'd like to volunteer to help TC with his telescope and it's tripodic attachment Mr Mannerin Approve    i'd like very much to be that person sir!!! Embarrassed       TongueThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

stupid girl!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

We're all doomed! Doomed, I tell ye! Big smile

Solid cloud cover round these parts at the mo Thumbs Down Hope it clears up - especially down your way TM - I'd love to see the photos Big smile

tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

cloudin over here so Hardys monument will not be visited by the look of it!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

TM LOL

i'll be looking at the heavens tonight
seriously, I hope to see something. thanks for the info TC x

excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

you're not alone LILchic, i'll be looking too weather permitting...lie on your back get comfy and enjoy ps. watch out for TC's tripod lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

hmmm....I may have a nip out onto the moors (Penines) to have a gander when it gets dark....shame I shall be on me own...no TC & no tripod Cry (hope I don't inadvertantly wander into the **ahem** local dogging area!!..now THAT would be scary !! Confused ) errr...TC - love the new piccy Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
vinnie's Profile
vinnie

In: Harrogate

The BBC News were interviewing people who had gone out to watch this and from the mouth of one bloke from up Darlington way came this profundity when asked about it.

Well it's an opportunity to see a unique event, to watch something you'll never see again...

... well not until August 12th next year. the clue is in the title, Annual Meteor Shower.

No one ever got poor by underestimating the intelligence of the general public.
moonstone's Profile
moonstone

In: Redditch
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I have been looking out for it rather intensley but my friend whom had not read or knew anything about it, happened to look up whilst in her garden Tuesday night, seen these speeding lights! She was not aware they were more than likely the meteorites until I suggested they maybe were. Blumming typical !LOL

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6250 seconds. There are 443 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption