Moderator Wanted

28 Posts | Latest reply on 05/09/2007 06:54:36 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

hey duuuuuude - welcome home!!!!  Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
rubecula's Profile
rubecula

In: Holyhead
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Awwwwwwwwwww   I could pump purple pee in pleasure.   What a welcome.   Right first things first, who has the communial preparation H these days?   OK on a serious note, I will warn you that for September I may not be around much, especially as some of the time I will be in Sweden.  (yippee)  Apparently it is expensive there (groan) But bed and food is paid for by the company (yippee)  The beer I pay for myself (groan)  Sweden is full of healthy blondes (yippee) Some of them are not girls (groan)   Errrrr  Can you smoke in a pub in Sweden?                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

haha - no think the smoking is just here in Holland LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

Come on!   Anymore want to apply before I make my decision!                                                                                                                                                                              
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington

Any decision made yet Di?                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

Nope, been away for the weekend, mind was on other things Big smile   Will let you know soon.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

now I know Im blonde and to many this may be an obvious or even stupid question.......................(gonna ask it anyway!!) exactly what does a moderator have to do plz Di (and dont say moderate!!!!) clarification plz e.g. time committment, role, etc etc would be helpful to know -thanks!! Sandy                                                                                                                                                                               
Matt's Profile
Matt

It's the highest level role that members can have on the site.   Basically - your responsibility is to make sure everyone here has a safe and enjoyable stay, no matter how you do it. My responsibilities should be to ensure the other staff have the tools to do their jobs.   For example: I've created an area for staff where you can see who's profiles have changed or been added, what events haven't been checked, etc etc.  You also have control over the forums - so in general day-to-day reading of the forums, you remove anything that isn't posted in a friendly manner.   You can also change users passwords, disable/enable accounts and profiles, ban/unban IP addresses, delete photographs and set a user's "best photo" - plus more.   There's really no minimum time constraints - just as much as you can.  Basically, whilst using the site in the normal way - you have the ability to remove anything unsuitable etc.  Whilst viewing profiles, make sure there are no profanities or naked pictures etc. Whilst reading the forums, delete things that aren't good for the site or members.   See where this is going?  :-)   But - the bigger the team, the less time is required from each moderator and the more chance we have of catching malicious activity sooner (Thus ensuring a safer and more pleasant stay for all users)                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3750 seconds. There are 1421 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption