Route 66 / Arizona BM Tour

106 Posts | Latest reply on 24/07/2012 09:23:46 by Viking Tel | Go to original / last post
dabe's Profile
dabe

In: Dunbar
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy thanx Holmfirthgirl :):):)                                                                                                                                                                             
dabe's Profile
dabe

i heard back from Mark @ Blackcanyon tours today 

Shells conversion to sterling is prety accurate  So that's £1500-£2500 per person + £500-£700 flights + £60-£70 fuel depending on whether your taking a pillion etc it's around 1500 quid each for 2 sharing bike room etc 

to hire the bike n plan yourself it's $78 a day about 350 quid a week + accommodation the hub tour &  road trip both include bike and accommodation the Hub tour your based in Wickenburg with rides out some take 4 days some 2 with a break for horse riding etc

however there doesn't seem to be any places for September Mark will let me have available dates and space numbers when he get's back tonight 

it would be handy to know how many we have i know it's short notice for most 

so if at all interested for this year please stick your name down 

DabeLulu

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Like I was saying I don't mind which month it is .... I can wait :)

kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

would be up for it next year subject to the yanks giving me a visa Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hope you can make it Kwakgirl, I would rather go with a group off here it would be more fun but it seems most would prefer next year, I am happy to wait until then or whatever, Im in no rush....Im easy either way LOL

dabe's Profile
dabe

i fancy this year and next :) :):)

am easy though i think it would be fab with a group from here too :)                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

dabe - you have too much money and too many holidays!!! Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
dabe's Profile
dabe

can ye to much or many ! lol                                                                                                                                                                              
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Sounds good and prices not bad for short tours of a few days if folks wanna do that

Matt I was talking about a USA tour months ago on here  for 2013 Tongue

dabe's Profile
dabe

both tours are 11 days but they can make one up to suit if there's enough ppl                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

see you got me thinking now and my ma lives in canada near Mount Tremblant - never thought bout flying out and hiring a bike - ive not visited since 1994 (shame on me but got better things to do with 2 wks holiday) maybe i should go this year and just hire a bike :)
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Go for it Kwakgirl, life is too short Big smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'd be up for it, obviously dependent on my leave dates, but that can be massaged.

So who is up for it, obviously we could get a deal on flights if there is enough of us?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Last time I looked here Johnny I think there was only me and Dabe up for it this year round about September time, I think most people wanted to wait until next year.
So no definite numbers except 2 for this year so far! Others can correct me if I am mistaken in that Smile
There is another thread somewhere that DavidNeale started I think for next year......

davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

I started one but Matt thought it would be too confusing, so I requested that it was deleted by a mod. Not sure if that happened. Just checked, it seems to have been deleted.  I am still up for next year though.Thumbs Up   Here is a link to a proposed trip by madscot back in September 2011. Not sure whats happening on this one.   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...amp;page=1                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oh right I see David Smile yeah if there isn't enough to go this year Im happy to join next year's deffo Big smile

davidneale's Profile
davidneale

Lulu   I just edited my post, you may not have read it before you  re posted Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ok thanks hon, I will have a wee look now.....

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

That threads's closed but very interesting nonetheless.

Ive driven round ( or rather my friend did the driving, I was navigator ) most of the South West US, Arizona,Utah,New Mexico,Nevada and California, we spent 4 weeks there sleeping in cheapo motels and on the move every day. But we didn't stick to Route 66 at all, in fact the only bit of it we saw or were on was in Flagstaff, Arizona.
That Western Trip that was mentioned in the thread would deffo get my vote, Monument Valley and the Grand Canyon are SO worth seeing Big smile

davidneale's Profile
davidneale

Lulu, all that you mentioned appeals to me and camping for me would make it more in touch with the original concept of the region. What I am also iterested in is the different music venues, there are so many good ones in the USA.Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9063 seconds. There are 1070 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption