Bike GPS

16 Posts | Latest reply on 29/06/2012 08:08:15 by zzrbabe42 | Go to original / last post
Triumph Thruxton's Profile
Triumph Thruxton

In: Watford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi

I've been looking for a GPS and am toying with getting the Garmin Zumo 660

Anyone got one or recommened looking at another?

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

I have a 660 ... love it , the only thing I find wrong with it is that it cannot be locked to the mount like the 550 can, however the 660 is easier to follow & more reliable lol 

Ian (MR P) has the 550 & agrees if they could mix the 550 & 660 together they would have a world beater. 

Its worth while investing in lifetime updates, one off fee of £100 & you get told every time new updates come out & you update for free Thumbs Up

Good luck 

Triumph Thruxton

Thanks!

I wonder if they will bring a new or updated one out soon as the 660 came out in 2009 I think?

Stroggyman's Profile
Stroggyman

In: Liverpool

Think my 660 is brilliant (mostly) only niggle i have is when you only put a postcode in it is sometimes a little off the mark (try the cat and fiddle took me down a dirt track towards a farm down the hill from where i wanted to be lol) but at the end of the day i WOULDN'T want to leave my satnav ON the bike whether i could lock it onto the bike or not

Either way its a fab piece of kit As for the age of it mate all i can say is that you will get a free one time update to the latest software/maps anyway. have to agree with shell about the lifetime upgrades though well worth the money
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Yeah 2009 sounds about right, I know it was not long out when I got mine, lmao cost me almost as much as my 125 at the time, but well worth the pennies and very reliable, I do believe they have come down a lot in price now hehehe                                                                                                                                                                              
Triumph Thruxton

Fantastic and thank you
Shell  & Stroggyman
Think I’ll take the plunge and order mine!
As it’s such a lovely day and summer must be on it’s way?
£440 Off Amazon at the moment then can I order the
Lifetime Upgrades on line?
(Lol not sure how that happened bit easier to read in black though)

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Yeah once you have got it you register on the garmin site, 

You will get a free update when you log on & I THINK one in a years time, just read the bumf on the web site Thumbs Up

I cheated & got my kids to get the lifetime upgrades as a birthday prezzie, and it puts something on your PC that checks for updates regularly & then tells you if there is one or not 

The lane assist is fab & also the little icon that tells you the road speed limit, just for those stupid roads where you would expect it to be 60 & its down to 30 Ermm                                                                                                                                                                              
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

Fully lockable mount for 660 [locking with key] from Touratech.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Do you have a link for it Harry ? 

I cannot find it Cry                                                                                                                                                                             
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

www.touratech.co.uk            click on home then online catalogue, on left side enter part no 065 0523      I use one for my 550                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Cheers Harry, I think you just found this years birthday prezzie off my kids :-)

Nothing worse than having to puddle about taking it off the mount every time you stop for fuel or have to walk away from the bike for 2 seconds                                                                                                                                                                              
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

Not cheap but well made, saves hassle at the garage and cafe meets etc.                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I'm with Stroggy on this one.  I'd never leave my sat nav on the mount.

The little screw on the top plate on the 550 mount is not for secure locking as a lot think, but rather is just to stop the plate from lifting if you go over a bump and your expensive Zumo bouncing out and down the road ... as happened to a mechanic I know because he decided not to bother with the screw.

Good tip for the 550 - search for "zumo 550 knurled screw" on ebay and you can get a replacement screw which you turn with your fingers.  Makes popping the sat nav on and off a three second job ... so no excuse for leaving it on the mount!                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

As with Geoff above,
I use the Zumo 550, using a knurled nut to secure it,
Tried a couple, and the type with 2x threaded sections work
Best for me, so that you undo the top flap to release the nav,
But leaves the screw still attached by the 2nd section.
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

How much!!!!!!!!  ouch                                                                                                                                                                             
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

i have a normal car tom tom bought a biketech waterproof case and a cigarette charger connected to my battery sits on my yokes and totally fabby and about 300 quid cheaper pmsl.i am not into throwing money around for fun.lolThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 710 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption