Killjoys!!

7 Posts | Latest reply on 16/03/2012 21:26:28 by TeeCee | Go to original / last post
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/News/Perthshire/article/215...aints.html   Saddens me to hear of this refusal!   A Perthshire motorcycle track which attracts riders from as far afield as Yorkshire and Shetland has had a renewal application rejected due to noise complaints.   The scheme had the backing of the Scottish Auto Cycle Union (SACU), which encourages formal tracks as a means of reducing anti-social riding of motorcycles on open ground. It commended the organisers of the track as ''leading the way'' in terms of its safety remit, general operations and compliance with noise regulations. Among those speaking against the application was Councillor Dennis Melloy. He lives about a mile and a half from the track from where he could hear a ''faint noise''.   Lindsay Patterson, owner of the track, said that while there were 62 homes within one mile of the site only eight complaints of noise had been made over the last six years. He said the track was well-run with proper facilities, marshalling, insurance and was run purely for the recreational enjoyment. But Coupar Angus resident Jo Kettles said: ''It is an absolute tragedy that this should be taken away from the young folk. It gave them something to do with their time and kept them from using their bikes at less suitable places. ''It was all safety approved by the regulatory bodies and it's terrible that it should be removed. I'm sure this can be taken further and it shouldn't end with the council.'' I started racing motocross when I was 10 and it provided me with invaluable skills for road riding too. Start 'em young!!   Maybe they will just be happier with these kids zipping round housing estates on scooters instead....                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

I really hope they appeal against this!!   I could go on a rant here about people complaining about motorsport noise & restrictions put on circuits cos of nimby's that have just moved into the area....but...I wont...cos I don't think I'd stop! Angry....Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

If we had this facility near us then we wouldn't have to put up with teenagers riding up and down the street on bikes/scooters/quads that aren't road legal. They don't do it often, or for long, but it does disrupt a peaceful street and disrupts our lives, this behaviour gives all bikers a bad name.   Even tho I don't live near this facility it gets my vote, if it keeps the teens (and other folk) safe and the roads free of their stunt riding antics.                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Tell the kids to go 'play' outside the complainants houses...Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

I think this could be quite a telling paragraph:   Among those speaking against the application was Councillor Dennis Melloy. He lives about a mile and a half from the track from where he could hear a ''faint noise''.   Poor little rabbit...                                                                                                                                                                             
GreyGra's Profile
GreyGra

In: Durham

If they are planning an appeal a petition from BM members expressing support may help?..................                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

Will see what I can find out....                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3125 seconds. There are 1449 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption