Dangerous roads for bikers

17 Posts | Latest reply on 11/03/2012 06:55:12 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
suzyamki's Profile
suzyamki

In: Wakefield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

in view of VFRSue's recent experience, and because I got this useful info from MAG today, thought I'd share it. Anything that'll make the roads safer for bikers:   When you find a section of road which could constitute a risk to riders ie slippy manhole covers, potholes etc log onto www.getagripuk.org to report the location.  The Get a Grip team will compile all the reports received and will contact the relevant local authority with a view to instigating repairs or replacing. They say the data they build up will help to make a difference by identifying blackspot locations to reduce accidents and enable action to remedy problem areas quickly. They also campaign to get higher grip road surfaces and create a safer environment for riders   Sounds good but it relies on us to make it work so get reporting folks!!!                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

ooohhh heres hoping things get done ... and that they have enough people on the get a grip team to handle all the reports Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
spaceboy4's Profile
spaceboy4

In: stockport

i dont know of any roads that are,nt potentialy dangerousCool!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
northlondon58's Profile
northlondon58

In: Aldershot

Absoluteley have signed . i know of a manhole cover where i live that links the B331to four other local  exits on the roundabout i know its there as i am a  motorcyclist, but in the night or in bad weather conditions it may be unseen , so yeah none slip manhole covers is a must.......
spaceboy4's Profile
spaceboy4

LA,s wont do any unecessry  road repairs because of cutbacks etc etc, might sound a bit -ve but thats how it is  SB4Cool                                                                                                                                                                             
Laffo's Profile
Laffo

In: Bumblethwaite

Moped slid on a wet manhole cover on the apex of a bend not a mile from here, he died young under a range rover.

I did report it to the local authority and was given lip service untill I asked for our communication to be noted as I intend on living here for a while and if theres any other accident there would be proof they knew then asked a senior traffic officer to contact them which he also did.

It got sorted pronto.

Take the gloves off when speaking to "authorities"
spaceboy4's Profile
spaceboy4

Well DoneCool                                                                                                                                                                             
GreyGra's Profile
GreyGra

In: Durham

Not all local authority are the same or take the same line. I came off on a potholed road in stockton a while back and when I reported It they did the repair in one day.
Credit where its due....:..

We can't moan if we don't report stuff in the first place.

G.
spaceboy4's Profile
spaceboy4

Thumbs Upobviously thats great, but councils are not famous for speedy responses or spending money BAH HUMBUG
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Took Stockport 8 ,months to sort out where I broke my foot                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

That's b cos u created a rather large crater when yr arse hit the deck!   But, to b fair, yr derriere is now looking rather fitApprove Just needs the finishing touch...may I?Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

So speaks XK  - the incorrigible, impenitent, unashamed, unblushing, brazen, hopeless, despaired of, bad lad!!!

>:) devil>:) devil>:) devil>:) devil>:) devil

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Wot?   But I'm a good boyErmm   (I know, 'cos my mummy told me)                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

What a brilliant idea , bikers with brains, and a biro. @ XK , I'm beginning to think you've' either got suicidal tendencies or a new pair of running shoes, Either way , I think Shell is gonner give you an ''arse attack'' lol Dusty

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

XK ... your gonna be trapped on an island with me for 4 days ... and remember , I may not have an ass like an elephant any more ... but I still have a memory like one !!!!!  Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

In: Stockport
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

You didnt by any chance come off on a "trunk" road, did you Shell?LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

And Clarkee ... I know where you live!                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 531 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption