Helmet / On-Board Cameras

16 Posts | Latest reply on 12/03/2012 12:04:50 by YZFJohn | Go to original / last post
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Thought it might be interesting/useful to have a thread where people could post their opinions of cameras and maybe post some examples.   Through my other past times I currently own a Samsung Miniket with bullet-cam attachment, an early Go Pro Hero, Oregon Scientific ATC3K Action Cam and last week I bought a Looxcie 2 Bluetooth camera which is looking pretty interesting.   Next month I am doing a track day with the Harley so will be fitting various cameras to it, especially a rear view camera so I can see where abouts on the track certain important bits of my bike have fallen off....   If you are going to post clips, could you please state what cam they were taken with and at what resolution - many thanks!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I have an Mini HD Cam

http://sport-cam.co.uk/mini%20hd2.asp?cat=148

That I use at work for video evidence on anti piracy jobs, I have used it on the bike and ws surprised how clear and steady the picture was.....definitely worth it, it records sound as well, is steel and water proof..... Does what it says on the tin!
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Just looked at the sample vid on that site for your cam, Johnny - very impressive!   I really need to update to HD....                                                                                                                                                                             
YZFJohn's Profile
YZFJohn

In: Peterborough

I have a BulletHD
http://www.actioncameras.co.uk/bullethd-camera-onyx-dark-grey

Got my first Video uploadin to YouTube at the mo.  I will post a link when it is finished.

john.
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

Action cameras is only a few miles from me been trying to drop in there, not open on weekends.                                                                                                                                                                              
YZFJohn's Profile
YZFJohn

Although the metal case is near on indestructible it does lack a remote as the small button is a pain to turn on and off..                                                                                                                                                                             
YZFJohn's Profile
YZFJohn

Lets see if this embeding works (just in case this is the link: http://youtu.be/ZNFR6lCWf4o)

xj's Profile
xj

In: London

the embedding works great, but if that is a helmet cam where the fek are you sitting?                                                                                                                                                                              
YZFJohn's Profile
YZFJohn

Xj - it comes with all sorts of mountings so I was able to mount it on the crash bung for this test.

And before everyone jumps on me - yes I did overtake on a Double white. Embarrassed 
Mmmmm. On BikeSafe course Sunday.

John.

YZFJohn's Profile
YZFJohn

This is how it's mounted.

Having trouble with photobucket link embedding, it works in Edit Post but not after submitting the post. 
Click on the 'moved or deleted' thumbnail below and it will take you to the picture.

Triumph Thruxton's Profile
Triumph Thruxton

In: Watford

Try the Drift HD

Got mine from Action Cameras Chiswick

Awesome piece of kit!!

SpeveJ89's Profile
SpeveJ89

In: bah

GoPro if you dont mind this odd looking thing sticking off the side or top of your lid                                                                                                                                                                              
Triumph Thruxton's Profile
Triumph Thruxton

In: Watford

lol That's the problem with GoPro! and that you dont get a screen to align your shoots up!

Thing I prefer the slightly more stealthy Drift HD

SpeveJ89's Profile
SpeveJ89

In: bah

Well you can get a Screen if you really want too but its the cheek that you gotta fork out bout £70 more for it. Should have been built in but thats a smart way for them to make lil more dosh eh                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

I use a 4kam DVR with a bullet cam mounted using a sucker mount
http://m.youtube.com/index?client=mv-google&desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB&rdm=4psit68od#/profile?user=G7OEA&view=videos&v=G9fcJ6DI3rg
YZFJohn's Profile
YZFJohn

I looked at the 4Kam and thought it one of the best out there, just the price tag a little heavy at the mo, but it is on my Santa List. LOL                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7500 seconds. There are 1349 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption