Bad spell/Insurance Clause

12 Posts | Latest reply on 29/02/2012 20:37:48 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Well ive been very quiet for some time  on here and not been on much.... as so far this year ive  had two deaths/funerals  to deal with  a long with building work been done to my home,no kitchen for 3 weeks, then to add to it all  my house got burgled on 10th feb!!!!!!

Im  now trying to deal with the police and insurance company, the police been very helpful shame can't say the same about insurance company as they have kindly been out to take all details of what has been stolen and wanting evidence to it all ie pictures receipts etc.........which ok lucky for me I do have them except for things that was given to me for presents off friends, family.........BUT this is why im posting this as my partner who does Motor X had his whole motor x gear here as we was going off the next day on his bike, but because he does not live with me the insurance company have said his stuff is not covered............OMG was my expression as if ive not gone through enough they now telling me they wont pay out for it.... well sod that as they now going to have a battle on thier hands as like any of you when taking out home contents you think it be covered to what you have in your home!!!!!

Well any advice would be grateful as I aint giving up with out a fight now over this as all they have said is for him to claim off his home contents insurance etc(no doubt his will say it wasnt at home so no pay out) and that I didn't take out enough to cover me.......well I have as they is no way that 10 grand worth of stuff has been stolen............ok a lot was stolen granted Angry

kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

Hell lass! thats some tough time you had recently.   You need proper advice from either CAB or a law centre. But would fight them all the way too. Insurance are always looking for the get out clause.   I would say one thing as you mentioned 10k. Is the content of your home only insured for 10k? if it is you ARE under- insured. The contents should be insured for their replacement cost, so if that is say 50k thats what you should be insured for. If it isnt they will do magic sums with percentages that will leave you seriously out of pocket. They will say sumat like your only insured for say 20% of the true value so you will only get 20% of the claimed amount.....if that makes sense.   but you do need proper advice. make an appointment with CAB                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Well bugger me! If the stuff is in your home when it gets stolen it should be covered by your insurance, it's HOME CONTENTS insurance is it not?   Jeez the levels to which most insurance companies stoop to get out of paying.   I best UP my coverage, I've only got it for £9,000   Not much I can do for you Sally, except send a virtual Hug and hope the I C see sense and cough up.                                                                                                                                                                                
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
40% Karma40% Karma 40% Karma40% Karma

Aww Sally what a rotten time you've had and a battle with an insurance company is the last thing you want!   I have no idea where you stand with your partner's possessions being in your home.  Can honestly say I've never thought about that before!    I think, as has been suggested by your insurance company, the best best is to check if your fella has insurance to cover his gear be it through his bike or contents insurance covering possessions outside of the home.    Good luck with it all  xx                                                                                                                                                                             
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

Hug aaw Sally darlin I'm so sorry to read about the horrendous time you have had.  I can't to the excellent advice you've had about - Trading Standards/Citizens advice in your local area may work on your behalf if you go see them, as it can be daunting dealing with all the jargon insurance companies come away with.  Take care hun and I hope things work out for you and take a turn for the better Hug  xxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Hi hun you deff havin a bad start to the year best I would say is go to a soliciter and sue the insurance for all losses and put a claim in for stress                                                                                                                                                                              
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

In: Manchester

Big hugs Sal, what a rotten time you've had

Can't say anything more to what has already been advised, CAB sounds like a good place to start though
 xxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Find out where the insurance manager livesEvil Smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Kwakgirl>Hello thanks for your post....indeed my stuff is only insured for 10 G as when I left ex husband after 22yrs, I left every think behind and started a fresh.......not one for been all materialist like....... my 3 sons & my happiness ment more at the time........Ill look into what CAB say also looking into all the small print and jargon of the insurance...........still waiting to see if they will pay out or not!!!!

Sandi id check your values insured as it goes on what is left in your home too from what they have said to me,but I can't help feeling they trying to pull a fast one on me, and thanks for posting.

Kat thanks hun im not one for laying down and letting folk walk over me,enough is enough the fiery red head be coming out to play at this rate if they try it on any more.

Jp aye indeed bad luck but ya know what, they is always some one else worse off then ya sen I say, I try to keep positive no matter what is thrown at me or to deal with, ill give them so long then boxing gloves go on or the claws come out to play lol.....thanks for your post.

Ange cheers hun im sure ill sort it out just wanted to make others aware in case it ever happens to them which I wish it never to be the case.

XK now then that does sound a dam fine idea........but got to say im sat here laughing as soon as saw your post the thought of you sprung to mind with you sporting a sherwood forest tartan kilt and green tights battling a long side with Nitro in matching outfit beating the manager of the insurance company with a loin of square sausage whilst we all sat back scoffing our bacon butties..........ok I so do need to get out more.

Thanks again peeps :O)
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

I can't really offer any advice on insurance issues, other than it seems Censored unfair, but hopefully the rest of the year will get better for you. Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
chickflick75's Profile
chickflick75

In: Merseyside

Hey Sal so sorry to hear about all of your bad/sad news Hug really hope things start to get better for you real quick.   I had the same trouble years ago when I had a friend stay over and I got burgled, wasn't much stolen cos I didn't have much but in the end the insurance said to make a claim for what i could claim for would leave me owing them £20 with the excess! go figure, so didn't make claim in the end - but just to add about checking insurance, I also had car keys stolen and insurance said I would have to claim from car insurance who said I would have to claim from house insurance etc! so lost out there too as locks were £100 to change so check your insurances to make sure car keys covered too!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Simon thanks chuck im sure all will get sorted out for the better in the end........ just shocked and wanted to inform others about it as would hate for any one else to go through all of this.

Dawn sorry to hear you had the same miss fortune too,does make you wonder why we bother to insure ourselves at times.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.2012 seconds. There are 617 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption