Haga Signs for Swan Yamaha for BSB2012

13 Posts | Latest reply on 11/03/2012 01:41:00 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

WOOHOOOOOOOOOO Party:   IN a shock turn of events Noriyuki Haga has been signed by Swan Yamaha for the 2012 British Superbike championship. Haga had originally been rumoured to join the British series on a Ducati 1199 Panigale, but our source close to the deal has revealed that the Japanese star will return to Yamaha machinery for his move to the BSB championship. Where this leaves Anthony West is unknown, as it appears that Haga's team have scooped the Yamaha deal from underneath the Australian. In regards to Ian Hutchinson, Haga's appointment to the Swan Yamaha team is reminiscent to when Gregorio Lavilla took James Haydon's place at Airwaves Ducati in 2005. However, Hutchinson will remain with Swan Yamaha for the road racing season. The Japanese rider has a long standing relationship with Yamaha, having taken success in the Japanese superbike championship before his debut on the World Superbike stage in 1998.                                                                                                                                                                             
Noddy1's Profile
Noddy1

In: Halifax

Shakey all the way, this is going to be his year! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

I hope so too, but Haga in BSB..hopefully he'll have his head back on Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
xj's Profile
xj

In: London

i make you right noddy Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

hmmm - have done some more searching for this news & can't find anything other than on Visordown (who can be notoriously wrong...allegedly!)........nothing on Swan Yamaha's website & nothing on Bikesport news (who are usually more accurate), nothing on MCN & this is all I could find on Crash:   World Superbike legend Noriyuki Haga could be heading to the Swan Yamaha team for the 2012 British Superbike Championship. Haga, a 43-time WSBK race-winner and treble title runner-up, would be replacing the injured Ian Hutchinson alongside reigning champion Tommy Hill. Whilst the 'Haga to BSB' rumours are nothing new - and there is no official confirmation of any deal - the Swan Yamaha link moved a step closer to reality following a Tweet by Anthony West (@AntWest13) on Friday, which read "Just lost my 2nd ride for the year". Having seen his planned MotoGP return end due to a lack of funding, West was highly rumoured to be taking over the vacant Swan Yamaha ride and had previously confirmed "BSB could be the place for me". The Australian's "lost ride" comment is thus assumed to refer to the Swan deal suddenly slipping away - and Haga, left off the 2012 WSBK entry list, is the only other big name thought to be in contention... Time will tell.                                                                                                                                                                             
skyline25's Profile
skyline25

In: Pershore
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

Awesome newsssss,i reckon Haga Son will be upthere,i feel sorry for Ian Hutchinson,but it shows riders need to be becarfaul. I will go to Brands next April and reckon first race will be Shakey and 2 Haga..Hmmm maibe i'm rong Lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

well shakey goes so well at brands so no one would bet against that! Haga would be great in BSB as hes a real crowd pleaser, but I think losing the WSB to ben spies (when he was a rookie in the series) was the end of Hagas success - and BSB probably tougher in many ways than WSB. I hope i'm wrong as he was robbed of the WSB title when he rode the r7 (thanks to cough mixture!), but I do think hes had his day (although Checa surprised everyone in WSB so you never can tell!!)                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

right, it's been confirmed - Haga joins Swan Yamaha for this years BSB, permanently replacing the injured Hutchy.   This could be a very interesting year!! Big smile                                                                                                                                                                               
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S

AHHH the dogs borrocks returns .......gettin

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

nori was and still is great entertainment, but i think he'll be lucky to finish top 5                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

lol                                                                                                                                                                             
rossi 64's Profile
rossi 64

In: worcester

Nitro nori in bsb can only make for a good season when you got the samari of slide in the championship.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

BSB is going to be another fantastic season, the fact that the championship can attract the likes of Hopper and Haga is a testament of it's pedigree.

Looking forward to seeing some races live this year Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4844 seconds. There are 1213 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption