Vfr 750

6 Posts | Latest reply on 20/03/2012 18:31:27 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Being new to biking I`ve just got a VFR750FV cheap as chips from fleabay which rides really well but to be honest it`s getting ready for two new tyres and could really do with a new exhaust. I`ve sourced the parts that I need but, being new, wondered where the best place to get them fitted might be. I live in Chesterfield. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Dave
chris.sheridan's Profile
chris.sheridan

In: MK

Which bit of the exhaust  do you need to change ?? If its just the end can, you're ok maybe the collector box too --  if you need to change the rear headers,  either you have to strip down the rear of the bike (suspension , swing arm etc) or take the engine out -- impossible to get to them otherwise   -  big job ! ( I had an FK for years, same story) Great bike though :-)    Tyres ? not a clue mate - I'm in Bury !                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Cheers for that Chris, I`m changing the whole exhaust cos its the original and really needs a stainless one. I`ve got the Haynes manual and could probably do it myself, but I`d rather pay someone to do it right. again cheers.                                                                                                                                                                             
spaceboy4's Profile
spaceboy4

In: stockport

hya mate there is a place behind cmc claycross on  a industrial estate.. that does bike tyres but cant remember the name all i no is it starts with a B am sure if you dig around youll root them out...   hope this is helpfulCool                                                                                                                                                                              
PaulXXX's Profile
PaulXXX

In: Swadlincote

I think this is the place spaceboy4 means it not only sell tyres but may also be able to fit your exhaust.

http://www.burnoutsuperbikes.co.uk                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Spaceboy and Paul. Thanks for that. I know CMC well, its where I did my training and only about 8 miles from me. I`ll have a mooch over and see them. Thanks again guys.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2969 seconds. There are 613 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption