does anyone know.....

10 Posts | Latest reply on 17/03/2012 17:50:31 by kwakgirl | Go to original / last post
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

does anyone know whether you can tell the difference between a zx7r and a zx7rr engine just from the engine numbers....contacted kawasaki but they say they dont keep records of engine numbers just frame numbers. the reason i ask i have a 2002 zx7r bought off ebay for peanuts to replace my 1998 7r. swapped all the good bits off my old one but when i had the fairings off noticed the engine isnt the original (probably) it has the mileage written on the top - figure its a replacement for the original.   its way faster than my 98 model which had had quite a lot of engine work done incl stage 2 dynojet kit. the new one has a close ratio gearbox but it doesnt run the flatside carbs id expect with a 7rr....but been told by a racer that it would run fine with the 39's. also got a slight over fuelling problem - spitting flames out! looks impressive but dont really need jet propulsion.  anyone any thoughts? Ermm                                                                                                                                                                               
lawnmower's Profile
lawnmower

In: Nirvana
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

I'll ask my mate - he's been a kawasaki mechanic for 30 years.  Bought my first bikes off them in the old days.   Not till tomorrow though - don't want to wake him up.

Hope everything's going well.

Netty x

kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

well i have the answer finally.....the baby just come back from having the fuelling sorted......it does have a 7RR engine and box but standard ninja carbs! had a few runs on the dyno to set it up - its kicking out 130bhp at the rear wheel.   I wonder if the muppet i bought it off had any idea? Big smileBig smileBig smile now all i have to do is break it gently to the insurance company!Shocked                                                                                                                                                                             
Riggy66's Profile
Riggy66

In: Huddersfield

Go Kwakgirl!

I'll be a dot way behind you, lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

LMAO kwak, good luck with the insurance co hon                                                                                                                                                                              
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

well insurance were pi$$ed off and cancelled the policy with effect in 7 days - apparently they are now trying to say is a modification! Thumbs Down and they wonder why people dont tell them everything!   thankfully Adelaide have come to the rescue with fully comp classing the bike as a zx7rr (after a chat with the underwriters) for 160 quid! Thumbs Up   so as someone else said to me earlier....im still like a pig in muck! Pig                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Nice one, 

Glad you got it all sorted, sorry to hear that one was a swine with you but your right ... its no wonder they dont get told everything                                                                                                                                                                              
RobboC's Profile
RobboC

In: Wiltshire

Result all round - Happy days!! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
YZFJohn's Profile
YZFJohn

In: Peterborough

Result!

So will it have some go faster stripes as well?  mmmmm. Don't tell the insurance if you do, it will be another mod! LOL.                                                                                                                                                                              
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

No not go faster stripes! lol its got a 2003 fuchs wsb graphics kit on it. looks a bit better than plain green :)
Some cheeky fecker on fb offered to swap me for his 06 blade! lmao as if!!!                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3594 seconds. There are 866 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption