LED Indicators

10 Posts | Latest reply on 13/02/2012 17:51:52 by cavywavy | Go to original / last post
cavywavy's Profile
cavywavy

In: Ashbourne
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Has anyone ever fitted LED indicators?   And are they any good ?   I had a slight woopsy over the winter indicator vee garage door the door won :( but I patched it up with a bit of clue and some tape to keep the water out over winter.   So I was looking around to replace the indicators IV got a Honda CBR600 Spoort and have always thought the standard indicators looked horried anyway.   So iv been looking around for the past month trying to find somthing I like, and I found these.   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-Flush-Mount-11x-LE...27bd57580b   There flush mounted and LED they should look good but and I carnt deside if there anygood so thought Id ask                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

only problem i know is thay can be too small and not seen as easyly as standard

Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle

as jp says you would't be able to see the ones you suggest, i use the flush mounted indicators that demon-tweeks have on page46 of there catalog item14 these stand out a bit look good and cost less than a 10ner, if you need more info. PM me                                                                                                                                                                               
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S

i think the cheaper ones tend to come without the internal resistor needed to give the correct flashing frequency. If in doubt ask the supplier. Modern led's have a huge light give out, so being small is not an issue its wether they are bright enough :-)
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham

Yer but get lost when you have a small amout of luggage could be lost if you just have your water proofs straped to the rear seat and have a loose bit flapping on them. I see then every day on the road or not see them if you know what I mean.  all Im saying is if you use small indicators on a bike take a little more care on lane changes etc                                                                                                                                                                             
cavywavy's Profile
cavywavy

cheers for the info,   I was going to just replace the rear ones with an LED arrow jobby for exactly the reason you said when I have luggage on I don't want them covered up its just the front ones I thought about getting a flush set for.   I'v seen a couple of others that dont sit so flat maybe ill try them with a new flasher unit so the voltage isnt a problem                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle

dont know if you got led flashers but if you did instead of using resistors you can get a new flasher unit to suit LED's on ebay from one of the far east sites for 1.98 each, i got some to sell on ebay for 15 pound each.                                                                                                                                                                                 
GreyGra's Profile
GreyGra

In: Durham

Word of warning. A mate of mine had his insurance claim refused as he had fitted led indicators and not told the insurance company. They argued that he had made the bike, and his maneuvour, less obvious and so less safe.
He did get a pay out eventually but it took a lawyers involvement....

G
cavywavy's Profile
cavywavy

Iv not fitted them yet but Iv got some honda E marked ones so they are fully DOT legal.   Bikerbill good advice I was looking yesterday for a new flasher unit carnt be doing with resestors all over the shop need to dig out my hays though and check if I have a 3 pin or 2 pin unit                                                                                                                                                                               
cavywavy's Profile
cavywavy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180523437611?ssPageName=STRK:...1423.l2649                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5469 seconds. There are 1222 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption