the bikers code

45 Posts | Latest reply on 19/01/2012 13:26:40 by bomb doctor | Go to original / last post
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

spoil sport LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

If I'm in the car, and I see a car broken down, I won't stop. They will have a mobile phone and already called for help.   But if I'm on the bike, I will always stop, and chat to them until help arrives.   Call it what u will, maybe the 'Bikers Code'.                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

But if I'm on the bike, I will always stop, and chat to them until help arrives.
....poor sods, haven't they got enough on their plate Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Now, now Minnie....LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Apologies OldYeti, I was having a glow in the dark moment..   I would be inclined to agree that the 'labelling' of people and the seemingly 'one size fits all' approach, is unlikely to rest easy with each & every individual.  Myself included in many respects.  I am neither a 'biker' nor a 'motorcyclist'.  I am a mere 'motorist' (pilly at best) and quite possibly the amoeba of the biker gene pool.  Thats not to say I do not agree with, or respect the good morals and principles layed down in the original post.  On the contrary, although just as there is more to being a 'biker' than buying a bike, I've lived long enough to know that I would need to do alot more than merely own one (with or without a biker title), to be regarded as a good and/or decent human being.    What is difficult to determine, is how this 'biker code' has been passed down, or learnt if it is neither 'written' or 'spoken' (until now perhaps).  Presumably, it has been open to interpretation and therefore ever changing, just like us, the times and everything around us.     Maybe this (with a bit of tweeking) could be the new written code of 2012! .. and while it may not be clear cut, free of flaws, contradiction, and/or include or relate to everybody, it is.. in its own right, a good foundation, especially for a younger generation in need of guidance, discipline and good example.                                                                                                                                                                                            
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Clap Excellently written, well-thought out and presented.Thumbs Up   10/10 Gold StarStar                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Embarrassed Thank you XKL (Pinch) ..                                                                                                                                                                                     
berniepan's Profile
berniepan

In: stourbridge

penny you sound like a good person to have as a friend and well educated a good post x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks .. You too bernie  Hug..                                                                                                                                                                               
Gremlinmike's Profile
Gremlinmike

In: Herefordshire

XK you suddenly turned over a new leaf or should I stay with you till the ambulance arrives,,,,                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

*psst, Mike - I'm only trying to butter her up so I can have my wicked way with her later, but don't let on, ok?*                                                                                                                                                                             
Gremlinmike's Profile
Gremlinmike

Secrets safe with me mate,,, I was going that way this weekend, well in a roubdabout sorta way, a slight 200 mile detour                                                                                                                                                                             
Gremlinmike's Profile
Gremlinmike

One of the old biker codes,, just hit mods,,,, that one died out                                                                                                                                                                             
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtub...jkDuY_Ceiw                                                                                                                                                                             
Stroggyman's Profile
Stroggyman

In: Liverpool

Now THAT put a smile on my face mic LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Oi Gandalf hope you mean the scooter variety and not us guys lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Gremlinmike's Profile
Gremlinmike

My precious,,,, wants does she,,, lol                                                                                                                                                                             
suzyamki's Profile
suzyamki

In: Wakefield

"But if I'm on the bike, I will always stop, and chat to them until help arrives".     "....poor sods, haven't they got enough on their plate Wink   "       Ha ha, cheered me up that did. How funny!  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
d-w-b-h's Profile
d-w-b-h

In: Nottingham
2% Karma2% Karma 2% Karma2% Karma

Not sure The code is a reality but it certainly isn't pap, the mere fact that a person is exposed to the elements of the weather means that there is slightly different perspective on life. If it rains you get wet etc. as opposed to being in a car where if it rains you turn the windscreen wipers on. So the more extreme weather the hardier the person is who is out in it. Also if they are not attentive to Deisel spills white lines, leaves and other road users they are in A and E.     All that means that a person riding a motorcycle (labeled or not) can easily empathise with another motorcyclist. Take for example people who drive excellent german cars like Audi's or BMW's. those comapanies have invested millions of squids to make the driving experience as comfortable as possible, effectively cutting off the driver from any effects of the climate outside. Creating a driver who really doesn't have to worry to much about the outside world if they don't want to.    So Riding a bike enforces you to pay more attention to your surroundings, offering a totally different perspective on life with greater empathy and undertsanding of others and there needs creating commoradary (sp) good manners, and a higher level of road skill. I think this evolution and relationship with the environment is what differentiates bike riders as a group, so you cold call that a sort of code I suppose.                                                                                                                                                                                 
chris.sheridan's Profile
chris.sheridan

In: MK

madmic wrote :   http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtub...jkDuY_Ceiw     Hildo  vs  Ricky ...  that was sooo funny , thanks mic :)                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8750 seconds. There are 792 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption