Would you ride pillion?

65 Posts | Latest reply on 14/02/2012 15:56:40 by Timeout | Go to original / last post
Gizzmo7's Profile
Gizzmo7

In: Fareham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Not for me I have to say, Like to be in control.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I regularly used to ride pilly to the pub coz my lady at the time didn't drink. But man , that girl could ride a bike. She showed a clean pair of heels to a lot of guys. I was immensely proud of her. Of course I took a lot of stick for being a '' back seat hero'' . Did I enjoy it ? Nah , not much. Enjoyed the beer though. A couple of years back my bike was in the menders and I went to a rally on the back of my mates rocket 3 . It wasn't to bad , but only coz he was riding like a fanny. (the side cases were full of lager) lol. Ideally a pilly should be lighter than the rider . This makes it harder for them to steer if they brick it. Been there a couple of times , not nice. Another thing is , bike size . The heavier the bike , the smoother it rides . Would I like to be a regular pillion? Well, I'd rather be on the back of a Honda 50 with my mates than in the front of a car or on the bus.
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Ok so I am new to riding, but its never bothered me going pilly,

Even now after passing my test I still like being on the back of Ian (XK DON'T SAY A WORD !!!) (or many words)

However I would have to trust them and that's something that's not easily done
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

would always prefer to ride if possible, but as i'm unable to at present, i am happy going pillion - especially now i have someone i enjoy pressing up against!!

just love getting out on the bike - full stop!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Dont ride myself YET !!! so i always go pilly.

Have to admit, i wouldnt just get on the back of anybodies bike, would have to be somebody i know and trust :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Jackie - would you go on the back of Spesh? LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Only if it was on the centre stand with the engine off lol

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'll always prefer to ride my own bike but I quite like going pilly too; if you're a couple it can be quite a bonding thing IMHO :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Love going on the back with people I know and trust, love riding too though.  Can't see me going off being a pilly any time soon, I enjoy it too much, but as I get more experienced in my own right who knows.                                                                                                                                                                             
mizzi's Profile
mizzi

In: Colne

I can't see there ever being a point where i'll get fed up of going pilly but hav to admit being up front is definitely the best! Can't see me taking anyone pilly tho unless my 12 year old stays a tidge-dont think i could trust him not to scream like a girl tho LOL
allison_2011's Profile
allison_2011

In: northwich
31% Karma31% Karma 31% Karma31% Karma

There has to be an element of trust before you go pilly on someones bike,especially when you have ridden yourself, having said that i would love nothing more than to get this crap with dvla sorted and ride again myself                                                                                                                                                                             
spaceboy4's Profile
spaceboy4

In: stockport

I was banned from riding/driving for 6 months, a pal of mine , who i have bin on rides with suggested i ride pilly with him, hmmm never again i had doubts before i got on naa bad idea, stuff he was /was not doin mad me S**t myself,,, birds eye view an all that.  made me realise just how deceptive riding skills can be if you catch my drift.   The bottom line is  i just did not feel safe...kevkoolCoolYing Yang                                                                                                                                                                             
highwayman128's Profile
highwayman128

In: oxfordshire

never been a pilly, dont know why??? but I do like to have a pillly, I like a pilly on long runs, its nice to have a coffee with someone. With a pilly I think you tend to see more coz I have 2 life's to look after, My Kids have been pilling me from about 5yrs up and still like to get on the back at 22,14,11,. I also dont care how big or small they are as long as they have had fun thats what its all about..Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious's Profile
rockchickeelicious

In: Newcastle

Would I Ride Pillion?? ~ Right this second I would give my back teeth to get on the back of bike and ride.. ride some more and keep on riding... Stirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Crazy is not the word.. and the need to forget about the crap of this week.. But.. No Ride.. No Pilly.. Guiness it is then Beer                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

Allison, may i ask what crap is happening with DVLA?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I absolutely LOVE riding pilly - love the feel of the bike, the scenery, the freedom - everything! Has to be a trust issue too tho. I dont get chance to get out on a bike too often so if anyone is ever up for a pilly in and around South Cheshire - PLEASE message me! Just recuperating from surgery so will be spring I guess before I can get my leg over a seat! 

Shaz x

Timeout's Profile
Timeout

In: Midlands
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

Just been reading through these.   I have taken a newbie and told her every thing what was going to happen before i did it so as not to scare her, she loved it big smile Big smile when we stopped.   I have taken others you dont even know they are there Thumbs Up to them   And the people who have fallen asleep on the back yes Bill you are one of them Sleepy  .   But for me to go on the back Mmmmmmmmmmm ????? dont know about that one. Its the control thng.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

Your right I did fall asleep on the back of you Timeout so you mustbe safe, I would recommend your pilly to anyone                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

I have taken a newbie and told her every thing what was going to happen before i did it so as not to scare her, she loved it big smile Big smile when we stopped. So thats why you got there so late ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Noddy1's Profile
Noddy1

In: Halifax

went pilly on my m8s (I have rode with him for years & he is an ADI ) was a total bag of nerves, just cudn't handle not being in control..........sorry m8! Ouch                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6416 seconds. There are 472 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption