Tue 3rd and thurs 5th north east?

18 Posts | Latest reply on 04/01/2012 23:34:14 by centurion | Go to original / last post
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Hi folks
(happy new whatsit n hope you all have
a healthy and interesting one)
After working all Xmas and new year 7am start today- new years day!!)
Am looking to get out for a medium day out (150-200 miles)
Both tue and thurs, starting 10am ish near Darlington
Returning no later than 3:30 (so can wash bike b4 work)
Cakes n coffee on me!!
North your moors or lakes ish?
Open to offers if anybody out!!!
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Sounds good, not likely to be working either day (although I never know for sure until the previous evening). I rode over the moors to Whitby and Pickering on xmas day (or windsufed over there as it felt more like!) but whatever, I've only lived up here a couple of years so you've probably got a better idea of where to head for than me. Oh, and I'll be on the beemer, not the harleyThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

Well at least the're both twins centurion!
I'm on days again tomorrow (mon) so happy to sort out
Times / weather check either mon night or tue morn,
As I only have the multistrada, it's an easy choice for me!
Have a few fav roads for sure, weather/ company/ traffic and time
Dependant
All wind their way cafe to cafe!
centurion's Profile
centurion

Cool, just don't include the Manor cafe at Bellerby in yer planning coz its closed for the winter. Just counted the beemers cylinders again and its definatly still got 4, cue for BMW purists to mutter about it 'not being a proper BMW' while refilling their pipes & slipping into the carpet slippers their grandchildren bought them for xmas Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

Forecast (as much as can tell for now)
Wet 7-10c tue
Dry 6-8c thurs
Both worse in "west" so north yorks looking
More favourable?

Pays ya money, takes your choice!!!
Pros n con's both.                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

well...always prefer dry roads myself so Thurs looks the better day to me, gives a couple more days for other people to get involved too                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

Fair,
I'll keep the day free, and fingers crossed!
Actually is the better day on a selfish note.
As working nights tue and wed, so thurs would not
Require being back for work- just due to lack of feeling
In extremities and dark!                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

Ok tue update!!
It's a bit windy,
I,,said...it's...a....bit....windy!!
But hey ho, it can only improve
(when the snow arrives)
Still out for a (shorter) ride,
Leaving darlo for n york moors, via coast!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

The Moors, in this wind!   It could well be a short ride...very shortDead                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

definatly, I rode across those moores on xmas day in these winds and it wasn't good! Plus, only just seen your message at 10.13Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

Just washing bike,
To be honest, not "fun"
But good to be out,
Dry/wet greasy patches, shade/sun,
Coupled with wind gusting after buildings n
Hgv's
Nerves twitchy rather than heart.                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

I was out riding around the Swainby area yesterday, not as windy, just turned wet on me, Lets hope things calm down for Thursday                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

almost warmed up now!! after the ride out yesterday, not sure if it could have been classed as a pleasure, but was nice to survive it!! fingers crossed this (milder) spell is still here tomorrow! though the forcast is a bit sketchy to say the least, time will tell....                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

Ok off too work any min,
(5pm till 9am)
Latest forecast for morning is 5-6 deg c
And rain or mist for Darlington to Penrith,
Or across to Whitby,
Will try to confirm in morning after work!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I still think yr bonkers!Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

I thought that was a compulsary requirement for being on hereWink No sighn of being wanted in work tomorrow so I'm good to go whenever, and pretty much wherever tomorrow                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

(have limited access to here when on duty)
We've had weather warning for tonight
And tomorrow,
After freezing and being blown around
Like a rag doll on tue,
I'm tempted to either wait till mid afternoon
To give day chance to dry out/ calm
Down, or try for a later day?
centurion's Profile
centurion

well, I've just got in from a MAG meeting (fortunatly within easy walking distance) and its pretty wild out there.
Probably still wont be much fun in the morning but it gets dark so early an afternoon ride would't get us very far so it might be best to leave it for now, shame I know but I've had a couple of VERY windblown rides in the past 10 days so I know it aint that much fun out there at the moment                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8438 seconds. There are 816 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption