Feb 11, Canterbury Kent Valentines Weekend

18 Posts | Latest reply on 08/02/2012 10:43:43 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

A day /evening out in Canterbury... I suggest we have an afternoon wandering around Canterbury's medievel streets and perhaps the famous Cathedral, frequently stopping for refreshments of course..then a meal at a venue to be decided, followed up by more pubs/wine bars/club watever.Finish off Sunday morning with brekfast at the bikers cafe,The Sportsman in Wincheap (10min from hotel). I suggesting using the Travel Lodge in the city as a base,rooms at the moment are around £30 a night.Travel Lodge in Ivy Lane Canterbury 5min walk to city centre. Canterbury is a lovely walled city and is full of pubs/bars and the like. Very popular tourist attraction of course. It has a strong student population so should be busy enough to have a good atmosphere in darkest Feb. If you want to add an extra evening perhaps this be worth a look? http://www.marlowetheatre.com/page/3040/The-Kings-Of-Sw...-Swing/203 So to sum up Sat from 12-00 ,wander around Canterbury, a good meal out in the evening followed by bars n pubs....all in a famous city. Possible addition of visit to brand new theatre hosting a Swing tribute evening on the Friday? I for one would do the tribute evening if anyone else fancies it too. Hotels cheap enuff! andy                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Hey Andy.. This does look good.. Have you submitted this to the events page?                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Hi Deb, yes Andy submitted it to the events calendar but it's on hold cos it's not a definite event yet, he's waiting for folk to say they are going to it, then I can add it to the calendar. Can't add events without a venue address.   Come on folks let Andy know if you are interested in his suggestions if not then come up with an alternative, once it's decided I can add it to the events calendar.   Sandi Big smile                                                                                                                                                                               
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Sounds a really good idea but I'll likely be too skint by then :<< Will keep an eye on this one tho. Thanks Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
W.M.F.'s Profile
W.M.F.

In: Ashford
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Well, you know you can count me in.                                                                                                                                                                              
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

I have asked Sandi if we can use the Hotel as the venue addy as the event is a wander around Canterbury and look for bars/pubs to eat in, we can meet at the hotel or at a certain time/meeeting point to be decided later?  I will do another recce in Canterbury asap to pick some likely bars to go to. We need to ensure we got moby numbers for all attending b4 the event..Andy                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Andy, it needs to be a definite event, no one has said they are going to this, except yourself and WMF.   Don't worry, it's on hold, I've not deleted it. Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

If anyone interested in this be aware the hotel will get dearer as time goes on...
No probs if you just want to do the evening meal and gathering tho. There are several bars advertising live music. Please be aware events cannot be posted on the calender until there are several people attending so unless you read the forums you will have no idea of forthcoming events to show an interest in! So if you interested you need to indicate that here. So far only four possible attendees so no calender listing possible. The event will not happen without definate members attendance listed in the thread.                                                                                                                                                                             
W.M.F.'s Profile
W.M.F.

Attending:
W.M.F.
rossoandy21                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

This event is now on the calendar, thanks Andy.   Put your name down, if you can.   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=2660                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

Come on southerners!  This will be fun if we can get a group of us together!!                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

U guys who say u coming...get yer names down on the event tab!! Stern Smile canna wait fer the poledancin.....hehe                                                                                                                                                                             
W.M.F.'s Profile
W.M.F.

Not long to go now!                                                                                                                                                                              
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

nah.....but winebar will be heaving and I still got several free tikets...                                                                                                                                                                             
W.M.F.'s Profile
W.M.F.

What are the tickets for then?                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Only two got their names down for this, where are the other romantics?    http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=2660                                                                                                                                                                                 
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

I tryed being romantic to Boss Mom got her some sausages and bread rolls she was not a happy bunnie

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I don't know why she wasn't happy, after all you didn't eat them did ya? LOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 511 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption