christmas

19 Posts | Latest reply on 17/12/2011 06:55:30 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

what is your fondest memories of  christmas                                                                                                                                                                              
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

when I worked for the AA and told Santa he didnt have 'home start' lol
bah humbug lol                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

only kidding folks|!!  Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Christmas 1985, my son's first Christmas age 4 months.   Christmas 2009, my mum's last Christmas, altho we didn't know it would be.   We (mum, me, sis Mags and Lindsay, another niece) gathered at my niece's Tracey's home. Tracey did us a lovely meal and put on a few party games, we all had a giggle, it was a lovely memory to look back on Big smile                                                                                                                                                                                 
Gizzmo7's Profile
Gizzmo7

In: Fareham

Being a kid and not been able to sleep the night before and hanging up my stocking. Just like to say I have stopped wearing stockings as I got older lol.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

so you say Gizzmo we believe you (not)  LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
41% Karma41% Karma 41% Karma41% Karma

Waking up early one Christmas morning, flinging my bedroom door open to run down to see if Santa had been and promptly falling over my Christmas presents that had been left out side my bedroom door! 

To this day I don't know why mum and dad put them there lol, I've always assumed they were drunk and couldn't be bothered to put them under the tree!                                                                                                                                                                              
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

The orange wrapped in tissue paper. (Only those of us at a certain age will appreciate that one!!)                                                                                                                                                                             
lawnmower's Profile
lawnmower

In: Nirvana
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

I remember the orange.   Did you get the nuts too?                                                                                                                                                                                
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

Oooh Alice my orange was always in a stocking!  Yes and the nuts!                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Lol Alice   an artificial christmas tree that bore a remarkable resemblance to a load of bog brushes stuck together LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

did you get the lump of coal for good luck                                                                                                                                                                               
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

To this day I still have a piece of coal in the house! A cat made from bits of coal and an actual piece of coal that I found in the garden. The land my house is built on used to be a coal yard!!!!

Loving the image of the bog brush tree Minnie! lol
Minnie the Minx

I was just thinking about the lump of coal and I think we got that on New Years Eve in Manchester   Lying in bed on New Years Eve when I was little and listening to all the hooters and sirens going off on the ships moored up in Manchester docks....yes, I know it was a bloody long time ago but the docks used to be full of ships!                                                                                                                                                                             
Littlefecker's Profile
Littlefecker

In: Sheffield
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

I remember the tissue wrapped orange too Big smile also used to get sugar mice , nuts and a handfull of shiny 2p pieces Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx

chipping a tooth on a hexagonal threepenny bit in the xmas pud LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

going rutting one nite finding presents  and playing with them
mum tell me the sater would not bring them now (i thout ye rite)
xmass day moning no presses o wat a lovly day that was (never went ruting again still dont)
geting the presseys on boxing day my mum was not that meen lol
o i was adout 9 -10 at the time

i was a cheky kid thou
unlike now shy quiet and retiring
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Yes Mini , the coal is new year here , open the back door to let the old year out, the front door to let the new year in & the 1st person over the threshold (supposed to be a dark haired person) has to bring in bread, Salt & coal ... I believe that dates back to 'olden days' all symbols of luck bread so the household were kept fed, salt for wealth & coal for heating ... the Scots also include a 'nip' too , tho what thats lucky for I dont know  lol 

Christmas I remember the Orange in the toe of my Xmas stocking & the nuts with them , then looking high & low for dad's hammer lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

...the Scots also include a 'nip' too , tho what thats lucky for I dont know lol   Shell, it's so they don't freeze in Scotland, that's why they drink so much, to keep warm Wink Christmas aint the same for me as it was when my son was a child. I loved watching his surprised look, on Christmas morning, when he opened his pressies.                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6250 seconds. There are 980 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption