Riders C.R.A.S.H Card Receives Award

10 Posts | Latest reply on 09/01/2012 10:34:29 by bomb doctor | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

The phenomenal success of the free CRASH information card for bikers has won a Prince Michael International Road Safety Award for 2012.   The annual award recognises achievements and innovations that will improve road safety, and the CRASH (Caution, Road, Accident, Serious and Help) card was presented with an award recently at the Ace Cafe London. The card can be placed securely within a helmet and a green sticker can be fixed to the helmet to indicate that the card is contained inside. It contains vital information about riders, such as their medical information and history, which could speed up treatment.Members of the Ambulance Motorcycle Club came up with the idea of the card. Club chairman paramedic and Essex biker Ian Burrell said: “The card has been designed by serving paramedics who have been on both sides of an accident as the injured rider or attending as help. “If a biker is injured and unable to talk coherently because of concussion or having been knocked out, how does the ambulance crew find out who the patient is, what medication they take, or medical history? What information does the 999 call centre need?”CRASH is now the most popular medical alert in the country and is still growing in the UK and USA – the organisers hope to have given out half a million cards by Christmas.How can I get hold of one?Either go to www.ambulancemoto...com  or there are 10,000 cards available at the Motorcycle Live show at the NEC, Birmingham, thanks to Midlands Air Ambulance.                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I've just visited the ambulance MC site and it looks like you have to be eligible to join before you can request a card, so looks like getting them at the NEC is a better way, if you can get more than one card please do and pass it on to someone else, yea? Cheers.                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Last week while at Squires there were a few sheets, with the green dot (to stick to your helmet) and info card (for inside your helmet), they are/were on a table behind the first column as you enter the cafe from the front.                                                                                                                                                                                 
bomb doctor's Profile
bomb doctor

In: Cheshire
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Sandi; you can also request them from your insurance company on renewal etc. I've heard the bigger company's have been given them.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Thanks for the info B D, it doesn't apply to me as I don't have a bike anymore.                                                                                                                                                                               
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

Thumbs Up As someone who has been fronted by a biker involved in a RTA, this is great news.  I was newly First Aid qualified however, the course doesn't prepare you for what to do if the victim is a biker.  Fortunately at this time, I was in the company of a life long biker, so I didn't need to worry as he took control of the situation.
bomb doctor's Profile
bomb doctor

Sandi ... No probs, info for other peeps though Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

I am a member. I'll have a word to see if I can get some for BM.                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

B D I know, I was just saying it doesn't apply to me and thanking you for adding the info Big smile      PP that would be brill, thanks Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
bomb doctor's Profile
bomb doctor

No worries Sandi your welcome ;)                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3750 seconds. There are 1021 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption