Help ! DJ wanted

16 Posts | Latest reply on 24/11/2011 20:57:04 by Nutkin68 | Go to original / last post
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Morning everyone, wondering if anyone can help me and Yid out there.  We are organising a surprise 18th party for his son, we was wondering if any of you knew of a DJ out there who could help us out please, or if any of you are DJ's and are free that friday night, we could negotiate a price etc ?    Venue: Scarborough Anglers Club Date: 23rd December 2011   Thanks so much guys xxx                                                                                                                                                                               
Dirtbiker69's Profile
Dirtbiker69

In: Bradford

Dont know of any personally in scarborough but a quick google search shows up quite a few to go at...                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

cheers Dirtbiker Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

Nutkin, contact DJ's direct not agencies. It will cost on average 15% more to book through an agent, and very often a further 20% in VAT. I would do it but it's a tad far for me and I don't think the average 18 year old would like my music; lol. Oh yea, and that close to Christmas you'll probably be looking at an extra 50% on the cost anyway weather you book direct or through an agent so good luck with that one.  The only other thing I can add is that if you can find a DJ who's not already booked in December you may find they're not very good. I used to be booked up for December by June each year when I was doing it. You could take a cheaper option and hire the gear in and run the disco yourself. Probably cost around 100 quid to hire sound system and lights for an evening, then get the guests to bring their own CD's. Hope this heps, although I know it doesn't actually find you a DJ.

Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

Thanks for all your advice Simon,  Phil's  just booked one so problem solved Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
YID's Profile
YID

In: Scarborough
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Just yer usual set up but says I can interfere with the music selection ,so folks what do I include for a headbangers hour?                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Set master volume to number 11 and play acdc highway to hell                                                                                                                                                                              
YID's Profile
YID

Already on the list!
Next!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

That will do for an hour lmao

Glad you got sorted I would say have a look at your sons cd or mp3 collection and take some insperation from there                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Enter Sandman has to be there..lol                                                                                                                                                                             
YID's Profile
YID

Yup, now on the list!
Looking for stuff that quickly hits a fast beat without a long slow intro, gotta keep it moving, a lot of the guests will be around 18 and most probably into Pixie Lott or Lady Gaga, seems an opportunity not to be missed to introduce them to some real music!
My sons music collection is mainly my stuff, our next gig is Rammstein so "du hast" is on the list!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Don't ferget some ABBALOL                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham

if it starts to go flat chuck berry my ding-a-ling                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ

Sweet Child of Mine always fills the dance floor at any party :)

If you play any ABBA i shall ban you from any BM events for 6 months lol

Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

In: Brough, E. Yorks

Whole lotta Rosie and a few early Status Quo usually hit the spot.                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

Gotta have some Airbourne, it's his fave band Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5000 seconds. There are 768 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption