Help needed, network info

5 Posts | Latest reply on 18/12/2011 17:03:03 by wheelbarrow | Go to original / last post
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Trying to set something up at home. House is connected to internet through a wireless router which is connected to the phone line, this is working fine, I then want to set up a system where I can have wireless in the shed outside. What I already have is a gadget connected by wire to the router and the other end to a mains socket in the house, in the shed I have another of these gadgets plugged into another socket and a wire going to a laptop, this magically gives me internet in the shed, what I want to know is can I connect the wire in the shed to another wireless router instead of the puter to give me wireless in the shed. Come on can't be that difficult or is the another way. Don't say use the house wireless as the shed is too far away to connect. :-)
Mubz's Profile
Mubz

In: Manchester

well its really easy :) if you are any good with computers and related stuff

you need a WLAN wireless router its similar to ADSL router but has additional WLAN port similar to LAN but its called WLAN 

you need to connect the wired RJ45 ( cable from your home to shed) into the WLAN first try to connect this router with a LAN and install the software / drivers so you can configure the wireless network according to your need 

2 things you need to keep in mind 

1. Make sure the wire from home is connected to WLAN port

2. The network (DHCP) is configured to a different private ip range most probably your current ip will be in the range of 192.168.1.xx or 192.168.0.xx

If you current ip range is 192./168.1.xx then you need to configure your WLAN router to 192.168.0.xx range and vice versa

Once its all configured you can use wireless with anything

If its confusing let me know and I'll see what else i can do 

good luck                                                                                                                                                                              
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

In: Brough, E. Yorks

Damn!.. I was just going to say that.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

WB did you get it sorted?                                                                                                                                                                              
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

Still working on it , but getting closer thanks? It's a bit cold out there in the shed so I'm not spending too long in there.:-)                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2813 seconds. There are 920 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption