Reg / Rec needed !

6 Posts | Latest reply on 12/11/2011 08:36:09 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
chris.sheridan's Profile
chris.sheridan

In: MK
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi All,   Me little trusty SV has a knackered reg/rec .. the one promised to me from a guy on the SV forums has still to materialise (and I cant see it coming anytime soon!) Now, I have a LONG WEEKEND  comin up tomorrow, and I wanna be out on the bike, but I need a reg rec obviously   Where in the NW is good for 2nd/h  spares or  who has a  reg rec for for sale  (1st gen curvy sv, two plug etc etc ) -- I'll come collect and bring pound notes !!!   Cheers Chris                                                                                                                                                                             
nellie's Profile
nellie

In: nottingham
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

hi there chris ... reg /rectifiers are not really model specific so if you take it off and have a run around your local parts emporiums one of them is bound to match it up from another bike Thumbs Up...... just checked ebay theres quite a few on there ..... Thumbs Up also the gs 500 one fits                                                                                                                                                                              
chris.sheridan's Profile
chris.sheridan

thanks nellie I  didnt realise that they were not model specific - thanks for the tip ! never really got into ebay (!) maybe I should ... !                                                                                                                                                                             
Dirtbiker69's Profile
Dirtbiker69

In: Bradford

Dont skimp on it mate, otherwise it could fry your battery and then it'll cost even more..   Ebay will have loads..                                                                                                                                                                             
chris.sheridan's Profile
chris.sheridan

Thanks Dirtbiker   Looked at ebay ... few cheapies s/h at ~ 30 , few 'pattern' new parts at ~ 80 ...  upon  Shell's recomendation spoke to Road n Racing in Hyde who  didnt have quite what I wanted, but had a brand new  unit ( genuine Suzuki )  for a  Gladius which they checked would fit (its a bit bigger with a bigger heat sink)  re-arranged the wiring and fitted new connectors  to while I waited -  even got a brew and  biccies : ) So I reckon I am sorted with a unit better than the dodgy units they fitted to the gen 1 SV's in the first place ...   just need to make sure the battery is OK now ...                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Glad they could sort you out, Ian n I always take our Suzuki's there and they have always been good with us

Plus with them being a Suzuki dealer you know it's a genuine part                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2809 seconds. There are 583 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption