Job hunting up North

12 Posts | Latest reply on 12/11/2011 22:36:14 by lisaj | Go to original / last post
potnoodles's Profile
potnoodles

In: Sheffield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Time for Noodles to find a surveying job up North - manchester and surrounding areas as far afield as rotherham or close by, so anyone knowing of any surveying jobs please give me a PM. Working for local authorities, social housing, rural estates, private practice etc. Hopefully something will turn up as I need to move before I go totally mad !!                                                                                                                                                                             
mizzi's Profile
mizzi

In: Colne

Try barnfield construction hunny-they're a good firm to work for and my old mate bertie worked for them and i think my mate jessica's brother works for them.....only heard positive things about them but there'll be no shortage of work in manchester and preston love xx
potnoodles's Profile
potnoodles

Prefer to work client side or as a consultant - contractors are just plain greedy                                                                                                                                                                              
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Good Luck 'noodles......that's a good decision Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

Good luck with the job hunt xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Good luck noodles in all your gonna do ;-)                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

What type of surveyor are you Noodles?

I am presuming topo?  If so then have you investigated relative fee incomes between the north and the south?

Not wanting to put you off, but we have a topo team based on the Isle of Wight covering the south of the UK and being in regular contact with the team leader I know that their normal daily fee is in the region of £750-£1,000.

However, I have a very experienced surveyor in my team in Leeds.  He works as a one man band having fully robotic equipment (cost us circa £35k!) and is thus able to deal with sites very quickly.

Even so, we struggle to win work with bids in excess of £400-450/day.  And even then this is based purely on days on site, the additional time in the office drawing the survey up is wrapped up in this.

As I say, I don't want to put you off, but it is probably worth doing some investigations before you move up here as topo surveying is extremely competitive in the North.                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

yayyyyy you've finally seen the light and decided to move oop north, I bet a certain lass has something to do with this?? Wink   Like Geoff says, there is still a difference in the North/South divide, sadly, I know as I have a brother in St Albans and the difference in living expenses/house prices/wages is quite astounding, but as long as you are prepared for that you will be fine.   And you will always get a warm welcome oooop north!   Good Luck with the job hunting  Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Excellent info there Geoff, sadly true about the difference in wages for some jobs.   I looked up the salaries for General Administrator (my profession) and there's not much difference down South, unfortunately the cost of living is higher down there, as are the housing costs be it rental or owned. Unhappy  Oops soz Kaz, I posted after you so didn't see your comments.   Wherever you end up Potnoodles I hope you will be very happy, good luck.                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Wages cut to just £400 a day Pots? I know it'll be a struggle, but I'm sure you'll manage.   (gags on tongue in cheek)                                                                                                                                                                             
potnoodles's Profile
potnoodles

Building Surveyor for my sins and the relative pay scale is pretty similar - dont expect to get a salary drop - probably an increase as I am working for peanuts presently just for a stress free minimal responsiblity 9-5 job.                                                                                                                                                                             
lisaj's Profile
lisaj

In: Barnsley

Salaries are lower up here pots, but so are the house prices/costs of living etc. I'm sure you'll be fine up here.

Besides, we're much friendlier up here too Hug                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3594 seconds. There are 797 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption