LIDL 10 Nov 2011 thermals

24 Posts | Latest reply on 11/11/2011 22:14:30 by IanT1966 | Go to original / last post
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

This Thursday ( 10th November ) LIDL have some winter clothing including some base layer thermals and thermal socks in store.   http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/offer...date=25896   For anyone that hasn't used LIDL or Aldi before, their products are usually good quality at a fairly cheap price but they only have limited stock on these special offers.   I got a thermal top over 2 years ago and it's been great.Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                 
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

thanks hun will smash piggy bank                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

lol.. your welcomeThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

How often do you go snow boarding on your bike Karey?Wink

Stroggyman's Profile
Stroggyman

In: Liverpool

all reasonable kit too as most of it is TUV rated                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

Ahh well Harry, seeing as Ziggy is my only mode of transport this winter, probably quite a lot!  lol   Has anybody tried those thermal socks? are they any good?   Stroggy..what's TUV mean?EmbarrassedConfused Smile                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

TUV = Thermal UnderVear? LOL   Kaz I wouldn't try the thermal socks cos they have wool in 'em and I'm allergic, I'd love to have the thermal top and leggings tho, shame I'm in a permanent state of poverty lol.                                                                                                                                                                              
Stroggyman's Profile
Stroggyman

@ Karey TUV is the (quite strict) German version of our British Standard tag (remember the "kitemark"??) it is also the standard by which the German motor tradeis rated (and possibly other stuff but i'm not sure on that aspect)

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

My guess wasn't a bad one lol I'd no idea it was German. I know, I'm pretty thick.                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

lol @ Sandi... LOL   Cheers Stroggy!Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Stroggyman's Profile
Stroggyman

@ Sandi Lidl is a German company for future reference and trivia quiz questions LOL

@ Karey yer welcomeSmile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I got a thermal top over 2 years ago and it's been great   Isn't it about time you took it off for the wash?Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
bomb doctor's Profile
bomb doctor

In: Cheshire

Karey as Stroggy said T.U.V is the testing body in Germany responsible for safety testing a whole range of products similar to the British Kite Mark etc. Germany has one agency that tests everything, including cars and bikes. The testing standard is far more stringent to the UK. So anything you buy which has T.U.V you are sure to get quality.   e.g German vehicles must pass a TUV test (like the British MOT, but much tougher). Also parts sold to be fitted to German cars must themselves be tested and get a TUV certificate which the driver must produce if requested.   Maybe this should have gone in the 'Trivia' thread, joys of living out there for 14 years Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

XK... nooooo it's like my snuggle blanket, besides, if I took it off it would stand up on its own!  lol
Thanks bomb ... I lived out there too and passed my driving test out there!  ( no roundabouts...wooo hoooo lol )  but I hadn't heard of TUV..     so thanks for the info ( and Stroggy too! )    Look out for when ALDI and LIDL have their motorcycle specific items in store.  I've heard good reports about the crash helmets/textiles/boots etc.      I got a kidney belt and a motorcycle cover from Lidl... both  have been great except the wind got hold of the cover and it got ripped on the tree branches near my bike, but the stuff is good quality.   Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                   
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

ta for info I be there tmrw as its gtn colder!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Thanks for the edumacation, I know how to pronounce LiDL (Leedle not Liddle, well that's what the person said in the advert) but had no idea it was German.   Now I've been edumacated about T U V I want the thermals even more, I must get selling my unwanted stuff to help pay for it. (For future ref, too late for tomorrow)                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Has anybody managed to get anything? Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I managed some of the socks , I didnt see this before , but got some thermal socks last year from their ski range ... 

OK yes I agree I got the pink ones & the blue ones last year disappointed this year that they didnt have them lol 

The winter insoles I can highly recommend for keeping warm tootsies too and foot hotties ... like hand hotties but to slip under your toes Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
suzyamki's Profile
suzyamki

In: Wakefield

I got a kidney belt from LIDL a few years back and its brill !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Got a pair of winter boots today, basically lace up, lined, warm soled sturdy, short wellies. Ideal for my job which is 80% outdoors. I got their thermals last year, and they're good too. . . . thermal bottoms under my kevlar jeans is well warm enough for this time of year.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5781 seconds. There are 587 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption