Bikes Revving for Super Sic

7 Posts | Latest reply on 04/11/2011 17:15:10 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

In celebration of Marco Simoncelli, there will be a minute of bikes revving up instead of a minutes silence prior to this Sundays 125 GP race.

What a brilliant tribute to a lively and exciting character. I believe it was his Dad's wish to see this and not a minute of mourning and I can't help feeling it's a superb homage to the big-haired legend.

I saw it confirmed on Twitter from @AziFarni just an hour ago.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
86% Karma86% Karma 86% Karma86% Karma

R.I.P Marco                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

It's the right tribute for him,

RIP Marco , never be forgotten !                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
85% Karma85% Karma 85% Karma85% Karma

Salute to side show bob :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Quite right too. A very fitting tribute to him Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
UKHarleyRider's Profile
UKHarleyRider

In: manchester
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Great rider will be sadly missed.

Someone ask him in an interview, what do u use on ur hair to make it shiny and bouncy, he replied,  erm i donta know my mama buys my stuff.

RIP Marco

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It's also quite amazing to hear that they're renaming the circuit at Misano (or at least part of the facilities there) after the late rider:

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/misano+circuit+assoc...Simoncelli

His home town is only 5 miles, 8 km in Italian Tongue , down the road from the circuit and it seems a magnificent move to bestow his name upon something so world famous.

I'd normally expect this accolade to be reserved for those who triumph massively in their fields, multiple world championships for example, so I think this move indicates the impact Marco Simoncelli has had on the motorcycle racing world both during and after his short but dazzling career.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2969 seconds. There are 1417 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption