Sundays at Squires

50 Posts | Latest reply on 22/12/2011 08:49:39 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
potnoodles's Profile
potnoodles

In: Sheffield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Disappointed not to see Squires on the Sunday events calendar even though Rivvi is? Could someone please add it as I have met loads of BMers there every Sunday I have been and know its a regular BM visiting point Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Truble with Squires is it's a biker cafe and every day so you cant list it as a sunday event                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Noodles..Squires is best when one of us gives a heads up for a particular day/time. There's usually a few about who are happy to meet but tend not to venture alone !! You thinking of a permanent northern camp-site ??? LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
60% Karma60% Karma 60% Karma60% Karma

Alice is right, Squires is so good that we dont have to advertise it, we just say what time we will be there

potnoodles's Profile
potnoodles

In: Sheffield

But its not right that I cant have it as an event attended but if I went to Rivvi I could Not that I want karma - but do want it on my profile if I go on a Sunday Shows a level of activity on my profile ..............................................blown by the wind and trampled in dust                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Or take Rivi etc off the Events calendar?   P'haps all meets which occur every week should be excluded?   Your opinion?                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Very very good point noodles, plenty of pub meets listed, which can also be classed as meeting places 7 days a week, if it's a regular meeting place for B.Mers on a Sunday it should be listedConfused                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Bloody Hell....lets just go somewhere and meet our mates...bugger anything else.

old red's Profile
old red

It is in some way. in my humble opinion at least, a good thing to advertise regular meets in different areas on the events calender, don't we usually direct newbies to *check out the EVENTS PAGE for meets in your area??   From these meets newbs get to find out more about the site and other stuff they may otherwise miss, only prob for them may be recognising other members so adding yourself on the events page at least gives them a face to look for(noodles would be an easy one to pick out at Squires) rather than the ad hoc I'll be there by one person Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

when someone puts it in the forum it has there picture with it so thats not a problem and they usually go but with the calender people may put it on quite some time befor than due to circumstance dont attend and dont always take there name of so thats not real helpfull
old red's Profile
old red

The same applies to all meets Bill-people not removing their names-& as I've done in the past not always added to a forum, just turned up. I don't honestly see what the problem is adding it to the events page if it's a pretty regular goer!! Isn't it about helping people 'connect'Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

we had this discussion a week or two ago and most people were in favor of the forum list over the calendar lists as they work better

old red's Profile
old red

So why the fck do we bother with an events calender???   Anyone told Matt we don't need one??...Karma points for saving on server spaceLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

helps when your planing if you can see which events overlap on the calender                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

Well I would love to see all pub meets removed from the callendar unless there is a thread with it as with brum night out or manchester night out. just clutters it up but as boss mom told me for new folk on the site it can give them some ideas where to go. but again  as most are not used there is no point in pub listings
honda baby's Profile
honda baby

In: Belper

I think we should have both ! As has been said countless times before ...... If folks are just standard members they cannot post on forums but can put picture up on events calender ! We were over a few weeks ago and had a lovely suprise when we spotted someone that we didn't know would be there as their membership is just standard ! So glad my eyes were working THAT day LOL.....HB x                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Yes but when there are endless pub/cafe listings that folk dont attend why are thay on the callendar ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I agree with you jp,,,take all the crap of the events page...then you can identify the real events on calendar and not have to look through all the rubbish,   squires,,,rivvi,,where will it end,,,how about ace,,,or washington wetlands where i live and thousands of other cafes/pubs..
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

your right there is to much crap in the calenders, they should only be for real events being organizer by a BMer or attended by a group of BMers not for regular venues were you can't be sure who might be there, what good are they to new members if they go expecting to meet a group of BMer  and none are there
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

spot on bill Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8911 seconds. There are 1733 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption