How to make links look professional

11 Posts | Latest reply on 22/06/2007 17:44:59 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
lowrider69's Profile
lowrider69

In: Kingsbridge, Sou
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

How to make links look professional   Not sure how many people here would like to know how to do this but i,ll show you that dont know anyway.......   instead of haveing a really long link why not have a (Click Here)   say you have a long link like this one below..... (yeah i know its not a long link but click on it anyway lol)   http://www.webhamster.com/   what you do it put... [url= in front of the link and then put... ]click here[/url] behind the link you are useing then you will end up with the (Click Here) link like you see below   [url=http://www.webhamster.com/](Click Here)[/url]   hope i got this right cus i cant edit on here lol                                                                                                                                                                              
lowrider69's Profile
lowrider69

[url=http://www.webhamster.com/]Click Here[/url]                                                                                                                                                                             
lowrider69's Profile
lowrider69

well sorry bout that folksEmbarrassed i have just tested this with the same link on a small forum i,am an admin on and (trust me i,am a biker this does work)Wink and i did get it right, only not sure why it dont work on this forum can/does any mod/admin know why this is??? anyway this will work with emails as wellSmile                                                                                                                                                                             
Moxey77's Profile
Moxey77

In: Stourport-on-Sev

No, what you need to, is type for example Click here, then highlight it, then press the hyperlink button, do the necessary and hey presto!                                                                                                                                                                              
Moxey77's Profile
Moxey77

I think Matt has turns off HTML code in posts lowrider, which is why your way didn't work although it normally would.                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

that url thing isnt html - its a "code" that some of the forum templates (like phpbb etc) use.  Here u just use the  button i created.  Much easier, especially for bikers!  :-)                                                                                                                                                                                 
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

plus, if u type a massive link here - ive designed it so that it chops the link down for you. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Moxey77's Profile
Moxey77

Well I was nearly right LOL
But it works the way I explained it anyhow.

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Lowrider, ya shoulda entitled it 'How to make a blonde blonder' cos I's more fuggin confused than ever LOL    it's nice to see that you aint changed Wink LOL                                                                                                                                                                               
lowrider69's Profile
lowrider69

pmsl @ Kwak yeah your right there lol LOL i know how it all works on here now thoWink i went and looked it all up  as you do when you come across new things, tho my way will work on php forums and emails on here you have to hyperlink to sort it for you, well the thought was there lolBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I thought I'd have to start KNITTING myself blonde wigs again, do you remember those?  NIT one purl one LOL   it's always nice when folk who are willing to help and offer advice, that's one of the things I like about bikermatch members.                                                                                                                                                                                 

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5000 seconds. There are 1887 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption