The "No to Mob" Biker Group is on TV Wed@ 7.00pm

10 Posts | Latest reply on 18/11/2011 08:22:15 by chris.sheridan | Go to original / last post
Tom Tom STR's Profile
Tom Tom STR

In: Maidstone
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

We are a group of Bikers in London and the South East who have taken on the Councils who often operate CCTV Cars for parking enforcement illegally. We are on TV this week on the BBC One Show on Wednesday at 7.00pm. We recently forced Richmond Council to pay back to the Motoring Public £1.1M of illegally taken fines, and have discovered recently that Westminster Council are in a similar position for approx £9M..!                                                                                                                                                                             
Junction47's Profile
Junction47

In: Swansea

just out of interest (ignorance, sry), "CCTV Cars for parking enforcement illegally" Is that similar to the DVLA vans with 5/6 cameras crusing the streets looking for untaxed cars?                                                                                                                                                                              
Tom Tom STR's Profile
Tom Tom STR

Not quite the same thing, but it is related....   Councils have been raising significant revenue from both areas !    Our issue is that many councils especially Westminster have not been following the Government statutory requirements and have used these cars in a fashion akin to "Hi-Way Robbery"...  They have issed them "illegally" and with zero tolereance, raising many Millions of £ with tickets in London usually £130 a time.   Our group recently forced this Council to pay back to the public £437,000  at one junction site in the West end which can only be described as a "HoneyTrap"   The signage at the junction was not only confusing but also Illegal.                                                                                                                                                                               
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Well done TTS Thumbs Up  Making a stand can be hard going from start to finish. Glad you were successful                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Yes, well done indeed and thanks to people like you for looking out for all of us. Thumbs Up   When I saw the word mob in the title I thought it was Mafia related lol                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

I agree Well done TTS will defo watch tonight :-)

P's .... Any chance of expansion north?                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Tom, out of interest, what is it that they are doing wrong and how are you proving their indiscretions?

I ask because what happens in London often spreads up north eventually and I'm always very happy to tell local authorities when they're doing things wrong!                                                                                                                                                                             
Tom Tom STR's Profile
Tom Tom STR

Hi All.. ! sorry for the delayed reply !
  thanks for your interest..  Have a look at the "NoToMob" website...there is lots of info there about how we operate ! We are expanding rapidly too as many Bikers joining daily now...  anyone can do this too..you do not need to have a Motorcycle, although most us us do. !  Also Look at a fantastic sight called  "Nutsville" easy to find on Google..  You will see the extent and successes  of the  battle with these Draconian Councils especially Westminster and their plans to raise revenue from Motorists and Bikers - and how these plans have been foiled !  It is an ongoing battle, and we have had numerous major successes recently. We have appeared on "TV's Watchdog" and the "BBC One show" and  London and South East Local papers -currently on the front pages of Medway News  and Bexley and Sidcup observer. The latest issue is a Central London one and the estimated potential refund value is in the region of £9M to £15M from revenue gained in the last couple of years whilst operating illegally.  Watch this space !   There are strict guidlines laid down by the Government on how CCTV cars and  CCTVstatics operate, most councils have not followed the rules in their haste to raise revenue, and have been proven to have operated illegally.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

this is brilliant will have to find out more about it                                                                                                                                                                              
chris.sheridan's Profile
chris.sheridan

In: MK

Brilliant -  thanks TTS I've saved notomob and nutsville to me faves, I'll have a look this evening when I get home :) Bury councli have a toyota aygo that they use  regularly (parked on the pavement!) monitoring bus lanes I  think  but could be anything !                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3750 seconds. There are 736 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption