KISS photos now on Facebook

23 Posts | Latest reply on 12/10/2011 14:39:37 by Junction47 | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Feel free to tag yourselves on our Facebook page.  I've uploaded around 900 photos from the calendar into Facebook...   http://www.facebook.com/BikerMatchCoUk                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Bump                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Saw them last night.   Cheers for doing that Matt. Thumbs Up   I promote the site and events to lots of people on FB and I believe when they see just how much fun we all have, it will encourage people to join up. Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I have my settings on FB so that folk can't tag me without approval but in view of the uproar caused before about tagging could I suggest that folk ONLY tag themselves?                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

V, even better... I suggest everyone sets their Facebook preferences like me and you do (so that tags have to be approved).   Nobody can even tag me in their status without my approval.  It works fine.  So rather than restrict everyone else, how about we all just set our own facebook settings how WE want them.  Then everyone feel free to tag everyone you like, it's a great way to draw othes into the BikerMatch page (because folks see their mates tagged in a biker event, and a few clicks later they have joined BM!).   So.. TAG AWAY!  Tag everyone you can.  If you don't want to be tagged then change your own Facebook privacy settings.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I think there are a lot of folk have trouble with account settings on FB which is why I made the suggestion.  It can be a nightmare trying to get the right privacy settings even when you have an idea what you are doing.  I know if I changed them for JP he would just wonder why he was getting the approval thing come up all the time each time someone tagged him and would be unsure what to do with it.  He's not the only one.   I'm sure when this rose it's head last time the consensus was that folk should only tag themselves but I may be wrong.    Good here today innit!                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

That was before Facebook gave you the option to approve tags.  Now Facebook has that option (which is great! I enabled it straight away) I've changed my mind about removing tags.  I say tag-away and if anyone is SO bothered about it they can change their Facebook prefs.   JP isn't that stupid V, it's not hard to understand what the tagging approval request is.  And even better if you set it up for him and demonstrate it.  If monkeys learn by doing.  :-D                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Rremember this Matt (I can't rip in stick ) I am rubbish on a computer and just can't get to grips with it v and others have Tryed and failed lol
Now if you need a trailer in a doorway that is 8ft 8in wide and the trailer is 8ft6 no problem                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

I'll teach you myself at the weekend if you bring a laptop.   Everything with computers these days, like on BM, is self-explanatory. If will say "Here at the photos that people have tagged you in which are pending approval".  Next to each photo you will see a TICK or a CROSS.   Now, here comes the hard part... a TICK means APPROVE.  And CROSS means DELETE.  Just remember what a tick and a cross are and you'll be fine buddy.   If you can drive a truck around the cities of Britain then this is childsplay for you mate, trust me.  Even I can work it out                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

cheers for the upload Matt was good looking through em Cool                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Great pics and pays tribute to the members of BM                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

Indeed JP, i had to delete some fotos of you though   LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Probley for the best at least I didnt scare the hell out of a small child                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Must admit i think the ability to approve tags is great, especially since one popped up on my profile one day with a fag on my mouth lol! Think i got to it before my daughter saw it lol!
Can see both sides of the debate though, yes, it's good if you get tagged in some pics you weren't aware of, but then some people just don't like it and that's only fair to themselves to be in control of their own privacy.
Matt, do you know or have time to post simple steps to making sure the setting are correct to enable the tag approval?
I know mine was like that, but sure it reverted again in the last facebook update lol!                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

oh you just HAD to bring that up didn't you  :-D   I believe he no longer has to have councilling so it's all good.   Set Facebook privacy settings here...http://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=privacy&ref=mb   Select "How Tags Work"   Configure how you want it                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

but are you taking the mask to the autumn camp lol

lisaj's Profile
lisaj

In: Barnsley

Tagged myself Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

wasn't my mask, they're all Jackie's.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well I for one don't have a problem with it but I did get a mail from a certain person who I had as a friend on FB but met off here from doing ride outs etc......they have  a issue with it and we are  now no longer  friends on FB due to the following.........

I had tagged myself in some group pictures etc also few others that are on there but NOT this person I recieved mail off them saying have to delete been friends as they didnt want BM to be linked with thier FB account.

Well no offence taken but like ive said on there any one got issues with the above then feel free to delete me from thier list as I for one have nothing to hide if been tagged in a photo off this site as if it wasn't for joining here I wouldn't of met some lovely whacky crazy caring folk.

sal x
Matt's Profile
Matt

exactly... and as i said above, you can set all your tags to require approval!  That way nobody can tag you in anything without you first approving it.  Simple and perfect solution!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8594 seconds. There are 758 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption