Bloody Winter has started!!!

22 Posts | Latest reply on 09/10/2011 04:05:36 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Shocked Sorry to be very British and talk about the weather but...............winter has officially started in North Wales..............Hail stones size of blooming golf balls!!!! Thumbs Down next it will be the snow. I cant believe it!!!!!!!!!! as victor once said..............had a bbq last Saturday! Poor Hettie may need an extra blanket tonight :-)   Just thought id share with you peeps LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
justjerry's Profile
justjerry

In: The Lizard
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

Ahhh...  winter...  the best time of year bar none  Smile
Snow and/or xmas...  what's not to like? ;
  A bit cold maybe (though often not) but you can always warm up
  (Better than not being able to cool down in the summer)  
  Admittedly, lots of ice is not so good on two wheels, but definitely improves your riding/reaction skills  Thumbs Up

Course it could just be me   lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'm looking forward to it, Hopefully I'll have my KLR250 back on the road by then that'll be fun! lol

shelleygirl's Profile
shelleygirl

In: Stoke-on-Trent
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

it got rather blustery on way home from work not nice                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Bring it on! GPZ snowmobile with heated grips lol!                                                                                                                                                                             
chickflick75's Profile
chickflick75

In: Merseyside

Like winter - you crazy kids - It's 'orrible and baltic - hate winter!!  Thumbs Down Have dug all of my tog clothing out already!  thinking of going to work in my sleeping bag, still am looking forward to xmas - have ordered myself some sunshine in Lanzarote Cool so that'll make up for it. (hope the runways don't ice up but don't mind if I can't get home) LOL
Hope my pipes don't ice up again like last year - what a mare (ermm.. pipes as in house pipes that is!!)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Is it a mummy bag, cause if it is and you do you may look like a penguin lol!                                                                                                                                                                             
chickflick75's Profile
chickflick75

In: Merseyside

think I can cope with a penguin look - they're quite cute really - it's better than my normal look like a Clown  Wacko  Geek                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Better than looking like an idiot lol! Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'm sure the whole of the South will be fully prepared this year...

We'll have run out of grit by New Year, cars will be abandoned along the M3 and the airports will be SNOCLO yet again.

3 cheers and all that :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Say_Ten's Profile
Say_Ten

In: Solihull
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

Lol, British winter planning at it's best.  Let's not forget all the BMWs careering all over the place ;)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I read an article in Auto Express, a chap with a BMW wrote to his council to complain about the lack of grit and snow clearance down the unadopted road he lives on.

The council's advice? Change the car!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Big smile Blooming car drivers, its all about them.....hows about us bikers... grit, ice, snow, slush, wet leaves etc etc.... personaly I cant wait for spring...LOL by the way we've had 4 lots of hail stones this evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! poor little hettie, wish I could bring her inside x
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Wet leaves and acorns/chestnuts are a nightmare and there's plenty of them lying around already.

Hail stones? :(                                                                                                                                                                             
mizzi's Profile
mizzi

In: Colne

Yup hailstones and quite big ones judging from the lumps that were lodged down my laddies back pmsl...poor thing needs to toughen up! Shame my cat's decided to go and obviously move in with someone else though but have a sneaking suspicion a little old lady with a very convenient cat flap has cat napped him because I don't have a cat flap and he likes beds...

Thought my window was going to cave in with the golfballs but apparently it's lovely in Bournemouth though....
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

sunny here and my washings out lol.
cue the rain!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Winter, hate it, hate, hate it Angry   Dark nights, cold, wet, and bloody miserable,   But thats just me..... LOL   If i had my way i'd spend from about now till march in the SOF and only come back once it warmed up again, so probably about next August for about 2 hours then Ermm   Had an epic 300 mile hoonabout on Sunday last and it was glorious, now it's all cold and 'orrible, really not looking forward to it !!                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Its all about your tyres stick knobblys on all bikes could be fun with ya sports bikes lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Just come back from Cornwall, with Nellie, weather wasn't too bad for October but the accommodation was well below standard and felt damp, being situated next to a mini forest didn't help. The up side was I got to see a few squirrels, rabbits and a toad, the toad jumped on Nellie's foot as he was walking along the path. lol   It's cold here (Huddersfield)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

dark nights, short days, bad roads and bloody cold. not for me.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8281 seconds. There are 1820 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption