attendees lists are you for them or against them

46 Posts | Latest reply on 12/10/2011 01:38:25 by Bikeabill | Go to original / last post
YID's Profile
YID

In: Scarborough
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Can standard members use the "contact us" button on the homepage to get their intentions known?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

That wont necessarily got to the event organisers Yid , only the MODS or Events team ... and some people who are not on either sometimes arrange things                                                                                                                                                                               
honda baby's Profile
honda baby

In: Belper

I noticed when Pete (shawy) organised his run to Matlock he looked on events and added those that were not on the list Thumbs Up Others have probably done the same and it seemed like a good idea Big smileThough i did have to tell him that i'd already added Joe so to not wait for another one LOL........Hb x

Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

Well it looks like most of the posts are in favour with the only issue being standard members, I know some people will not like this but is it to much to expect that standard member should pay a small membership fee to access the events, after all I have to pay a membership for the privilege of organizing the events and it also some times cost me as well so joining for a few weeks to access them should'n be to much to ask.

I shall now run for cover LOL
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Bill,,,i think a lot of standard members do not know how cheap actual membership is,,,especially when discount codes are available... Often less than the price of 0ne alcoholic drink per week..                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Your right bill think you should run for cover how can you ask a standard member to pay ?
As said it a cheap to join the biggest problem on here is thay don't get the right info when thay 1st join I think that we should have a standard reply to all that tells then who to contact in there area etc
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

Exactly Crag the price of a pint                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well bottom line if you dont want to sift through a thread then don't. An attendance list is like a psychological contract it's proven that if you actually put your name down and commit to attend or commit to something you are more likely to do it.

It also assists the organiser in keeping tabs with just a look to the most recent thread. I have organised a weekend before and it takes enough time out of your life as it is without any extra list keeping etc...

Just be thankful people do go out of there busy lives to do it and stop manking over some list that is inconveniencing you finding some info, the event dates and times are usually promulgated anyway.... Some people tut tut lol
sumodwarf's Profile
sumodwarf

In: billericay
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Im easy                                                                                                                                                                             
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

In: London

Well said John ..... whatever those big words meant pmsl ..... We know you are Sumo lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ha ha Sumo easier than a dusky maiden at the docks lol...  ;-)                                                                                                                                                                             
apriliamad's Profile
apriliamad

In: bourne

attendant list which i am all for but some person has put there name down to attend 4 events in one day ranging from the south to the north there going to be doing a lot of riding and not much seeing is the system able to let you only put one event per day, poor organises some are going to be let down by someones stupidity 
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

The only issue with that Aprilia is that people do attend more than one in a day, only last week a few of us were at the roaches camp site and then at the stars of Darley motor races and as that finished fairly early we could have been at Matlock to see everyone and have a fish n chip tea.

Ok agreed it's not that often something like that happens but it does happen.
apriliamad's Profile
apriliamad

hi shell how about liecester friskney bristol stafford and scotland bit spread out to do don't you think even over a w/end?   steve                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

Does any one else have any thought on this                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Has someone done that Aprilia?

Tho not practical (for me like to spend a wee bit of time in a place) it is doable over a weekend, I have done weekends with Ian on the bike where we have covered 800+ miles,

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Shell / Aprilia   Yes, and the culprit has been reprimanded by Matt.   The attendees list has its uses. The standard members can add their names via 'contact a mod' for them to post.                                                                                                                                                                             
apriliamad's Profile
apriliamad

shell/xk   yes noticed his name has gone from lists has he been kick off site as cann't find him any where wops didn't mean to get any one in do do sorry   steve                                                                                                                                                                                
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Think you may find he left when he was rumbled ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

LOL ... I need to take more notice of the top 20 lists ... I seem to be missing it all at the moment ... 

But yes I do understand why you asked the Q now Aprilia Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 484 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption