Karma points

236 Posts | Latest reply on 31/10/2011 23:03:36 by Jack Jones | Go to original / last post
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

No Kay ... the Nanns are busy knitting shreddies LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

very good lol love it LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
mizzi's Profile
mizzi

In: Colne

Still don't get what all the fuss is about karma!! A lot of karma doesn't mean ur a decent person or even nice (thankfully I'm neither LOL)...just like no karma doesn't mean ur a bad person...

Surely it's not just about popularity? If there's any awards for doing a pretty good impression of roadkill feel free to vote for me coz I've pretty much got that one nailed lol

And top 20? As if!! Don't think I've ever been seen in the top 100 lol
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Matt, as a possible suggestion could you include how many views a particular post gets so that we can see where a lot of interest is being taken? It may help to inspire conversations on the forums?                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

sorry I had that in place in the past... but the sheer number of page views caused a problem.  Everytime someone opened a forum page it had to WRITE to the database.  For a split second (microsecond) this locks the database.   We ended up with lots of deadlocks in the database when people couldn't open forum pages as someone else was writing etc.
So I'm afraid it's not possible, at least not without a major overhaul of the server infrastructure and redesign of the databases.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

No problem Matt, just a thought Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

surely you only have to look at how many pages there is to gauge the interest                                                                                                                                                                                
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yea that came to mind after a while Bill...Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

(I knit 'blonde' wigs for BM members, looks like I got a new customer, eh, Mark? Wink)   Matt said: Oh, and any topic you start in the news forum (long or short message, doesn't matter) gets you a lot of Karma!   I wondered why there were some news items by a few different people, not had much news for a while. I've been a bit preoccupied with 'work' and hospital.                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

I know what you meen sandi there is alot now                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Haha! If anyone's thinking that of me, i started the 'bloke killed by deer' thread in the GENERAL forum, and some bugger moved it! I though it'd been deleted! And i think it was before the anouncement of the new karma rules, so ner ner na ner ner lol!
mizzi's Profile
mizzi

In: Colne

Still don't get the karma rules and LOL Kwak! No it was nee nar nee nar... Sorry guys but I'm a bit giddy after being in the back of an ambulance blur lighting a patient to Preston hossy... Was wicked :-) lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

How about renaming the Karma rating to Activity rating?   You would not earn 'Karma' points, but 'Activity' points.   I think this is a more accurate description.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Call it what you like... SOMEBODY wont like it.   It's gonna stay as it is buddy... cos it's a good name for a good system.  Anyone who doesn't like it now - tough.  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ

Boss Man is being all manly again lol think he spent too much time with his gay friend this weekend :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

who was that gay friend ????                                                                                                                                                                             
Junction47's Profile
Junction47

In: Swansea

XK: "How about renaming the Karma rating to Activity rating?
You would not earn 'Karma' points, but 'Activity' points.
I think this is a more accurate description."

Makes a lot more sense, as that is what it reprsents.  n/m

Matt's Profile
Matt

Mic,   there was no gay bloke from Holland really.  It's a joke about this photo...   http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/297958_1...6875_n.jpg   Colleague from Holland who came over with me.  He was playing darts                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I'm renaming Matt  'Mardy' Matt Tongue   PML LOL gowan, change the name of the rating to 'activity', ya know ya wanna, gowan gowan gowan Wink    (goes into hiding before I get one)                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham

Only problem with that is how do you define activity just being logged in?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7197 seconds. There are 805 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption