Browser not Rich Text Enabled

21 Posts | Latest reply on 12/10/2011 08:49:33 by Matt | Go to original / last post
PaulXXX's Profile
PaulXXX

In: Swadlincote
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

When i use my mobile phone to go on BM site to view a msg or post something on a thread.  Why do i get a small window appear headed www.bikermatch.co.uk and under that Browser Not Rich Text Enabled and under that a OK button. When i press OK button window closes and nothing happens other than if i try again the same window appears again ? Confused

Any ideas anyone....................................................................

Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Paul - you need to ask Matt that question - but basically ( I think) it's cos the site's not set up to work fully with some/most Mobile phones.

feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

I get the same thing on mine, just means you can't do anything fancy like put in emoticons and sometimes it doesnt space your paragraphs just runs it all into one line, but you can still post                                                                                                                                                                             
PaulXXX's Profile
PaulXXX

Thanks Stella will msg Mat

Hi Feistygirl, no cannot post or reply to msg on my HTC Wildfire mobile.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

i get the same message on same phone but have not tried to post etc,,,,only browsed with it,,,will try later !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

Your right Paul, I can't reply to PM that are sent to me I get the same not tex rich message if I try but I can post messages in the forums as I have here, its a real pain if you not at home. I have been told that it's the site that is the problem so can you fix it Matt please.
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
40% Karma40% Karma 40% Karma40% Karma

I get it as well on my Blackberry (which isn't working at the mo, booooo).  Like Feisty it only stops me from putting in smilies but I can reply to messages, post on the forums etc.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

This post from my htc phone,,sends and recieves pm's ok                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I get that message as well on my nokia smart phone - I just ignore it & carry on but like FG & BB can't use emoticons and can't do paragraphs. Also has a hissy fit & drops out completely if I try to view events & photos...but it's a lot better than nothing when away from home or my lappy is playing up
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I also get it on my iPhone, however th eonly thing it stops me doing is inserting Big smile (hence why some posts show :-) ) 

all else I can do no probs, paragraphs, posts, PMs etc etc                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

It's a standard message... it basically means that your phone cannot do all the fancy stuff that your PC can for example (missing the javascript capabilities).   So, instead of showing you the fancy text box it will instead give you a basic/standard HTML box for you to write in.   If you can't use that basic HTML box then you need to get a new phone cos the one you have is rubbish lol.   It works on every phone I've ever tried, including my own HTC Desire HD.  Even crappy iPhones work!                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

PS: Android allows you to install a load of different browsers.  Try different ones.  I've tried with the standard browser that comes with the phone and Opera... both no problem at all                                                                                                                                                                             
PaulXXX's Profile
PaulXXX

Thanks Matt,

Sorted it removed Opera Mini and replaced it with Opera Mobile. Have just sent msg and also post this reply from my mobile.                                                                                                                                                                              
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

and can you send private messages Paul                                                                                                                                                                               
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

Bumping this for Kwakarider Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

cheers trishywishy xxx! will have a look into this as can't bloody write anything on my mobile on bm - unless - i stop the page from loading halfway through, then it lets me do it. Weird ass stuff!                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

You are most welcome. I knew that I had seen it somewhere and it took me ages to find it, so I reacon you owe me a Beer                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

kwak, could be that your phone is trying to load the facebook applets at the bottom of the page but failing to do so.  They're quite complex javascript applets                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

i dont seam to be able to download Opera Mobile, hope someone can help me out this weekend

marsey's Profile
marsey

In: South Cumbria

I have been trying Bolt Browser for a while now to access both BM and FB on my Sony Ericsson W995 Bolt seems to work a lot better than the phones own browser.                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8125 seconds. There are 633 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption