reflective gloves

10 Posts | Latest reply on 19/09/2011 19:14:58 by kaycat | Go to original / last post
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Was driving past Squires at twilight yesterday and slowed as a little bike coughed its way out of the entrance in front of me. Was wondering about its make when I only just noticed the rider's left hand move in the dusk Thank goodness I had some experience of bikes as I quickly made a mental note "classic bike". I could only just see a left hand turn signal that the rider was making.....but if a car behind had no knowledge of bikes, I reckon that there could have been a nasty accident.
My point is...wouldn't it make sense for all bike gloves to have a reflective strip? There would have been no missing a hand signal then.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

That’s interesting point Alice. I like the idea Shark helmets have something that looks similar to the film "Tron," namely the S900 Fost Lumi, that glows in the dark. Maybe there something out there for gloves too?                                                                                                                                                                                
potnoodles's Profile
potnoodles

In: Sheffield

Clearly the guys glove indicators werent working !!! Wink

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I've got a pair of alpinestars with reflective bits on the fingers, a good idea I think.                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

This guy had nothing reflective on at all..prob is, I imagine he has no idea how close he was to a nudge from me :<<<                                                                                                                                                                             
lisaj's Profile
lisaj

In: Barnsley

Think you might have an idea there!                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

So...how many of us have reflective gloves ??? I'll certainly be on the lookout after this near miss.                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

You'd be better with reflectors on your lid or jacket so that they can pick up light at any angle where as gloves wouldn't get as much.  As this is a bigger area and in line of sight so would work better. 

Problem with gloves is there is very little flat surface to bounce the light back.  Maybe if the biker had ridden properly or wore better visible gear might of been more productive Thumbs Up 

I wear a white lid and yellow hi viz vest or jacket for that very reason as on an FJR you like a cop..... makes the buggers look twice LOL

Each to their own at end of the day

Alice2's Profile
Alice2

Yeah...but the point is, that it was his left hand turn signal that I nearly missed in the gloom !!                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

found thes maybe good over bike gloves

/www.iwantoneofthose.com/10427078.html

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3594 seconds. There are 1142 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption