Bone Marrow Register - You could help save a life

71 Posts | Latest reply on 13/12/2011 11:44:15 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
46kittykatt46's Profile
46kittykatt46

In: Birmingham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

i have had a look at the site, never knew i could join!! i have given blood for years and im still in the age range!!!   i will be giving again on 30th sept so will register with them then   fingers crossed he gets a match soon                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Just re-shared the Facebook post, and Bone Marrow register link onto my profile on FB. Smile xx                                                                                                                                                                              
hilda123's Profile
hilda123

In: Melton Mowbray

giving blood again on the 7th Oct so will register to donate bone marrow whilst I am there.   sending Ben lots of positive healing engery and hugs Hug   Mandi x Ying Yang                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks everyone for your replies fingers crossed we find a match soon.                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Been giving blood for some years now & they can have my bits when I'm gone, unfortunately too old for the Bone marrow registerUnhappy...Best wishes and a prayer for you Ben & the family Spider...
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

they can have my bits when I'm gone    As if they would want that pile of old junk!Thumbs DownWink                                                                                                                                                                             
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

In: Stockport
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Too old to register too.  Used to give blood years ago, will look into doing that again for sure.  Heres hoping you find a match, Ben.  My best wishes to you, your dad and sister.                                                                                                                                                                              
honda baby's Profile
honda baby

In: Belper

Afraid i'm also too old ( only just !) but my good wishes go to you and your family Ying Yang I shall however continue to give blood though with neg a2 that's not always the most needed Thumbs Down.........HB x

lilley's Profile
lilley

In: Bath
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

hi, i have registered with the blood doner service and will wait for them to contact me now as i have to be registered with them first before i can go on the bone marrow doner list... sending a hug : )                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts actions and Prayers :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Just bringing this back to everybodies attention :)                                                                                                                                                                             
UKHarleyRider's Profile
UKHarleyRider

In: manchester
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Why is there an age limit on the bone marrow                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

is the best answer i can find My Liege ...........

The age limit is not meant to discriminate. The NMDP requires volunteer bone marrow donors to be between the ages of 18 and 60, which is standard medical practice. An individual must be 18 to donate because marrow donation is a surgical procedure and the person undergoing the procedure must legally be able to give informed consent. A guardian or parent cannot sign a release or give consent because unrelated bone marrow donation is a voluntary procedure and is not beneficial or life-saving to the donor. The NMDP must use chronological age to determine eligibility to protest the safety of the donor and provide the best possible treatment for the patient. With age comes a small increase in the risk of side effects from anesthesia.
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Dont forget to register folks , all for a good cause :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks Jackie, i just had a letter from the bone marrow register saying thanks for registering now i registered before my 50th birthday i can stay on the bone marrow register untill im 60 :) they also say only 1 in 12 blood donors are on the bone marrow register so there is a great deal of scope for improvement :(
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I put BM donor notice on my works electronic noticeboard for all employees of our local authority, and its partners ... thousands of workers.  I was contacted by an employee saying they're looking at organising a recruitment day in which people can come and put their names forward to be donors Clap                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

I have sent a mass email to all admin workers at Birmingham University regarding registering, with my Boss's ok of course lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thank you Sherry that sounds like a fab idea :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks Jackie, good job well done :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just to keep you all updated, Ben has been in Hospital since Monday, after going in for Routine Blood top ups his temperature spiked and he's caught an infection, they are going to pump him with intravienous Anti-Biotics tonight in the hope of fighting the infection :(

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 807 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption