Blood courier

7 Posts | Latest reply on 14/08/2011 10:39:54 by KarenTwickenham | Go to original / last post
KarenTwickenham's Profile
KarenTwickenham

In: Twickenham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi,

Has anyone ever volunteered for one of the London based blood courier services ?

I am interested in becoming a volunteer courier.

Karen

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I think you get paid for that ? Never heard of volunteers on the circuit . I will ask my despatch riding mate when I see him next .                                                                                                                                                                              
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

Do you mean blood bikes, if so you should find plenty of info here.
http://www.bloodbikes.org.uk/                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

i done several hospital runs when i was a dispatch rider for a to z   its hard work  you have set time limits  but its a rewarding feeling knowing you probably saved someones life                                                                                                                                                                              
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

There was a blood runners based at New Malden a while back, a mate of mine was a member and still collects charity money for them. From what you said in earlier posts you may not have enough experience as yet, it is in general quite progressive riding. The way it works is you are available for one night of the month for call out, they do have to have someone in the office doing the same rotas, and it is voluntary no pay Katoom.
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

Hi Karen, read this thread   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=6513                                                                                                                                                                             
KarenTwickenham's Profile
KarenTwickenham

In: Twickenham

Thanks to everyone for the info.

I've trained as a London cabbie 7 years ago and now have some spare time on my hands.

It'll be great to get the bike out on the road to help others, as well as using all my 'back street' knowledge to get blood across London.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3086 seconds. There are 1349 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption