zzrpilot

54 Posts | Latest reply on 06/10/2011 15:49:07 by Nutkin68 | Go to original / last post
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Brings water to your eyes. 
Pob's one of the decent guys (aren't we all?) and he's got a droll sense of humour that'll need to go into overdrive to get him through the next few weeks.
He's usually down in Reading but has ventured to the Midlands on a few occasions to link up with some of the BM crew.                                                                                                                                                                              
podnil's Profile
podnil

In: Manchester
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Never met you Pob, but all the very best for a speedy recovery                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

You're right Will's, Pob's a lovely guy, always got a grin on his face and laughing... he was only staying over at mine for several nights a few months ago, having laughs and banter that only we got - we had a fab time exploring my part of the country on Pinky his beloved Zed, which was written off last week... I'm just relieved my friend's alright, a lot broken, but he will mend  thank goodness xxx 
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

All the very best to Pob!  Hope you make a speedy recovery and get back home soon.  Gentle hugs to you hun Hug   Wills, thanks for letting us know and Tracey thanks for the updates, hugs to you too hun Hug    All the best xxxxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

Todays latest update...   Pob has had some of the staples in his arms removed and has signed some insurance forms so maybe he is one step closer to coming home to England ! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

get well soon buddy !                                                                                                                                                                               
caitlien's Profile
caitlien

In: windsor

i dont know you personnely pob but get well soon  my love and thoughts are with you im sure i speak for us all on bm we feel pain your honey here's to a speedy and full recovery 
  caitlin x                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

Great news, Pob's back in the UK Thumbs Up Going to be in hospital a long while, but it makes it easier for his loved ones to visit him
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

That's good news Thumbs Up bound to make better progress with friends around Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

I've taken the liberty of copying from his Facebook wall:

Thankyou all so much for the wishes, cards, visits, advice, prezzies truly appreciated. Fighting hard to recover but realise a long way to go, but at least the cocktail of drugs i'm on is keeping the pain levels down, boosting gsk profits and making things bearable - able to keep morphine as a back up now if things get too bad. Recovery so far nothing short of miraculous I thibk

Gory bit - injury scores on doors: compound fractures to both left forarm main bones, smashed right elbow, crushed finger, displaced pelvis, fractured vertabrae, double pelvis fracture, bettered right leg, eg, totally numb occasionL twitch bun unuseable (some improvement here the last few days tho) plus obvious bruises and scars.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Aww sorry to hear that hope he has a very speed recovery and back on bike asap

sal x

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Wills, thanks for the copy of the FB comment.     Great news, Pob's back in the UK Thumbs Up Going to be in hospital a long while, but it makes it easier for his loved ones to visit him     That is great news Big smile, ta for posting it Nutkin. Pilot, keep your chin up, you'll get there in the end. Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

Thanks for posting update Wills, I'm visiting Pob tomorrow so will pass on all your good wishes from here x                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

Just got back from visiting Pob and I have to say he is doing marvelously well, scars healing, and Pob is a happy chappy as always...  The Physio are worried about his shattered elbow, the French did an amazing job putting it back together but his movement is restricted with movement so a pin thats helping hold it together may have to be removed at a later date to enhance movement.  Happy to report his left leg is moving well as is his left arm, tho his right leg still has no feeling, as does his pelvis.  He is making an amazing recovery considering its only a month since the accident, and it will be the physio that is going to take the time                                                                                                                                                                              
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

glad your back i n uk
and still smiling Smile
gentel hugs and get well soon x

madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Glad he's on the mend and healing well Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Wills/Nuts, if you feel it appropriate next time you visit, please feel free to let the gent know that his injuries don't sound that different to those I suffered in my big accident.

Certainly I was left with a broken back, a fractured pelvis and a pretty mangled left leg however .... it takes time, but he will get better.  He may not truly believe this at the moment, but he will.

I've moved on from my injuries and have gone on to happily riding a bike again, not to mention such things as cycling to work everyday for a while without issues (indeed I did a couple of very long charity rides), getting pretty high up in a couple of karate/mixed martial art styles etc.

And he'll be fine as well.                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

Thanks for that Geoff... he's really positive about it all and in the right frame of mind, it's good to hear your accident hasn't affected your abilities - kyaking here we come !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
IanT1966's Profile
IanT1966

In: Birkenhead
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

never had the pleasure of chatting to him on here, but I wish him a speedy recovery.                                                                                                                                                                              
mizzi's Profile
mizzi

In: Colne

Hope he gets better soon! Here's hoping the physioterrorists work their magic :-)

Good luck with the recovery and keep smiling-can only get better from now on :-) huge (very gentle) hugs xx cat                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5625 seconds. There are 1103 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption