Festivals

13 Posts | Latest reply on 06/08/2011 14:26:15 by Minnie the Minx | Go to original / last post
bobbyfrankenstein's Profile
bobbyfrankenstein

In: Buxton
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

wondered if any there was any regular festival goers on here, if so what festivals?                                                                                                                                                                             
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

In: Manchester
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I used to do the old free Stone(d)henge festivals years ago

I prefer smaller festivals, I'm not good with big crowds really.  Went to the Green Man in Wales a couple of years ago, and going this year in a couple of weeks.  I did go to Download last year and whilst the music was brilliant, the crowds were a bit too hectic, but that's not to say I wouldn't do it again depending on the line up. 

Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I used to do free festivals many years ago too including Buxton and Rivington!!! Done Fairport's Cropredy in Oxfordshire a few times cos it's a really civilised one for an old hippy of a certain vintage, and it's also a really good one to safely initiate kids into the delights of festival life The Colne Blues is good but there's always been a bike rally I prefer to go to the last couple of years. If you like bands bob, a few of us doing the Yorkshire Rock & Bike show next weekend...there's usually about a dozen bands playing over the weekend                                                                                                                                                                             
bobbyfrankenstein

you dont get many good free festivals these day! Green Man has got a little bigger the last few years. I have been to download 6 times, last year the rain start when billy idol came on and never stopped! gave it a miss this year. i have been to wacken in germany 120,000, good but to big! it was a very big site, but standing room only watching the main stages! Buxton had about 5 festivals, weather to crap or any more, i went when chuck berry headlined. alway meant to go to Cropedy, but never got there! i saw the yorkshire rock and bike on the events page, i will be at bloodstock, a small metal festival near burton on trent, next weekend.                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx

I saw Hawkwind, wizard, edgar broughton band, groundhogs and loads more at Buxton ...well apparently I did, so my ex says. But you know what they say..."If you can remember it you weren't there" I think the damage to my memory may have started many years ago lol
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

Bobby, yes that rain did make things slightly less pleasant, didn't stop until right before Aerosmith!  Walking back to the tent in the mud was horrible LOL

The first festival I ever went to was Deeply Vale many years ago

bobbyfrankenstein

yep i was at that one! dont remember hawkwind, but the others yes, canned heat and nazareth were also there. who in their right mind holds an outdoor festival, at a place with highest rain fall in england? i must have liked the place as i live here now! just a wondering scouser in those days!
Minnie the Minx

OMG yes, canned heat & Nazareth!!!....and the cat & fiddle without speed cameras   Hey, HRC I was at Deeply Vale in 1978 too! Just looking at the photos to see if I can spot my afgan & perm from behind hahaha   But did anyone go to the Rivington festival in 1977? I went with my ex with me and my eldest child in the sidecar. lol I haven't been to any of the Rivington Barn bike meets yet, but it always amuses me listening to bm folks talking about them....lots of fun been had at Rivington for many years lol                                                                                                                                                                             
bobbyfrankenstein

I didnt stay for Aerosmith, packed everything in the car in the morning, including waterproofs(well it was sunny and warm). My daughter was shaking, being wet and cold, so we left at the end of Stonesour. Deeply Vale, didnt go there, free wasnt it? I know Stever Hillage released a live album 3/4 yrs back, Deeply Vale 1978, not been able to find it! Dont know much about Rivington festival, but found a link, http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/rivington-pike-78.html , might worth a browse. How did you like the sidecar? I put one on my goldwing and took my family to the TT, only for it breakdown at Peel never to go again(crankshaft),even though was the bike that broke, it put me off sidecars!                                                                                                                                                                             
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

Didn't know about the Rivi festival
That's a great link, Bobby, will be looking through that for pics of Stonehenge. 

There was talk last year about trying to get a new Deeply Vale festival going but it all fell through. You can buy the Steve Hillage album from the Deeply Vale website

http://deeplyvale.com/

bobbyfrankenstein

the link from the site isnt working, so i checked ebay. found it on there, also there is a dvd history of the festival, dvhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/deeply-vale-festivals-dvd-directors-signed-copy-/360383545089?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item53e8887f01 , being interested in festivals i am tempted myself! I think its nearly impossible to put on a decent festival now, without some kind of backing! Went Rage Against the Machines, free gig at finchley park last year. They said if they were No1 at xmas, profits would be given to shelter, and they would do a free concert in  the UK, they did what the said! they were awesome at download!
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

festivals are free ? you sure ??Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx

That link is fabulous! Hey woke up in the middle of the night last night with a flashback.....John Peel reading the football results on saturday at Buxton....love it! We put a very ancient swallow open top sidecar on my ex's BSA A10, 650 twin. It was very unsophistocated, had no brakes on the sidecar & looked like something out of the great escape. This was because we couldn't afford to run a car any more. The experience was horrendous...it was so dangerous and I have vivid, heart in mouth memories of us drifting across on to the wrong side of the road on bends, cos it was so uncontrollable. How the hell all 3 of us didn't get wiped out god only knows. Eventually I said. Take it off the bike, me and our precious child will take the bus lol                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4375 seconds. There are 558 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption