Shoes

67 Posts | Latest reply on 08/08/2011 14:57:50 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
bomb doctor's Profile
bomb doctor

In: Cheshire
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I got a pair of dessert boots I bought in 1990 I bought from FHW, soles been araldited too many times to mention, but still goin strong. I be devasted the day I have to throw them away. I'll even frame them when that time comes.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Not much clothing that can gather that sort of history - quality boots have the power to gather memories.  My nephew's just gone on his second tour of Afghan and he was mightily p*ssed off with the standard issue he was given last time, they won't be remembered with fondness by him.
bomb doctor's Profile
bomb doctor

Yogurt, know what you mean, that's why we buy our own kit all the time, but things ARE gettin better.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

By the way, god bless you man.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

By the way, god bless you man.                                                                                                                                                                             
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

I've never paid more than £30 for a pair of shoes, they are just a covering for the feet to protect them. I have a best pair which I've worn about twice in the last 5 years, work boots which I pay nothing for, bike boots bought in the sales, and being welsh I've got the customary wells with chewed up tops where the dog chewed them. Better things to spend on than shoes and boots. :-)
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Then this is definitely no the thread for you!! Each to their own ;)                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

my indulgence is boots. I've got very small size 3 feet but also short stumpy, sturdy leggies. In addition to having trouble flat footing a bike it's almost impossible to get 'off the peg' boots that fit. It was bliss when I found a company that makes boots for us ladies less blessed in the dainty pins department. i used to treat myself to a new pair at the start of the winter and I've got 5 pairs but at around £140 this is another nice thing i've had to give up since being made redundant last year. But cos they are beautifully made they can be soled and heeled over and over again. My favourites are my black suede kitten heels which have had outings to 2 bm doos this year :o)
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Re-heeling is a gift from god.  A pri-mani shirt with a darn in will always be a pri-mani shirt!  No one sees a re-heel, they just see the boot :)

Ok, for some reason I can't sleep and I've just realised that I'm sounding a little hysterical. Oops!

@ Bandit - Oh God, I thought I'd lived a life and I've only just clicked that FM is referring to **** me boots.  I was thinking you were talking about the helmet manufacturer!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Lmao @ FM comment

Shoes are my soft spot, and handbags to go with them, doesn't matter to me £5 or £500 named or not, so long as they look the part for what I want I have them.

I do admit tho I only have 1 pair of flats, and they are boots for winter walking from car to work, then heeled shoes go on again. And I have to have bags that go with, tho don't always get bags to match as have loads.

So long as the overall 'look' is right, :-)

Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

Hmmmm, i have a pair of burgundy cowboy boots, a pair of shorty hand made italian cowboy boots, a pair of long black suede boots for summer biking, 4 pairs of baseball boots,1 pair of heavy black work boots,14 pairs of flip flops, 3 pairs of sandals with high heels , 1 pair of black high heels for naughty ocassions,1 pair of tennis shoes,clogs , exercise sandals etc etc etc,, the most expensive footwear was hand made italian thigh boots about 150 quid,,well worth it thoWink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Not that I've spent loads of time studying Italian thigh high boots but do you mean something like these?
 :)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31LxtwB0UwL._SL50...SX288_.jpg                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

My sister is the Emelda Marcos of Birmingham you should chat with her lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Do you mean she used the  Birmingham City council budget to fund her shoe obsession? Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

mine where classier yoghurt, with a turn over like muskateer style.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hmm, struggling to find that type:

?

http://maskworld.scene7.com/is/image/maskworld/104032-m...$fullsize$                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

yeh that top but with higher heelsThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

you lived a life yog - thought everyone knew what FM boots were !!!!(except when i walk the dog of course!) when i was 16 i used to wear thigh length boots to 6th form - no wonder the newly qualified history teacher had a stammer when i asked him a question!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I had a history teacher for A'level with an incredibly pronounced stammer.  I wasn't wearing FM boots at the time though                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

well, all of above is riviting!   apparently my mum was unable to get me into shoes at all unless i picked them myself (for fit) from the age of 18 months, (i must have been hell)(my brothers attest to this...me being hell!!)   i do prefer one quality pair to countless cheep trash, though usually now most of my "footwear" is sport /work/bike related, does having 4 pr bike boots, 3 pr ski, 4 pr climbing, 2 water based, and 2 cycling, 4 pr  trainers but only 2 pr of "shoes" seem unusual? (one for funerals and one for other dates)                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.0645 seconds. There are 1258 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption