Shoes

67 Posts | Latest reply on 08/08/2011 14:57:50 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

No, this is isn't bike related and there's a bit of me that's reluctant to make this thread because people's eyebrows might start rising and questioning my masculinity but I was wondering whether anyone else has a thing for shoes?

I don't spend money on designer clothing, my bike is old and my bike gear is older but I do like nice shoes.  I'm mad on English shoe makers and particularly love Jeffery West.  I have to buy second hand because they're completely out of my price range but I'm so obsessed with quality english shoe makers that I put aside the idea that somebody else has worn them (euww!.)

The reason is mainly that you know a tiny tiawanese boy hasn't lost an arm stitching them.  The main established english shoe makers have an international reputation and I love the idea that I can get my hands on time-honoured hand made quality using goodyear welt construction (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welt_(shoe))

I just bought a pair of hardly marked Grenson boots which retail at £300 for £41!  So chuffed :)

Just look at them! If the previous owner could afford them new he must have decent foot hygiene!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ite...500wt_1156

Would be lovely if someone could reassure me that I'm not the only one with this unhealthy obsession. x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

er, i think you may well be!!! lol   but each to their own    - i like black shiny heels, shoes or boots!! (doesn't matter how well they're made as they're not worn for comfort!!)                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

I have 15 pair of boots : )                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hahaha!  I don't know what possessed me to post this thread!  It's definitely a point about shoes over other concerns though - jeans could have holes, shirt could be George of Asda but the shoes HAVE to be right!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Double post noob sorry:

15 pairs of boots says shoe obsessive to me - expand please!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Shoes and boots are my passion and it makes me laugh when you go in a shop and they ask you what your budget is - it OBVIOUSLY depends on how gorgeous the shoes or boots are!   Not all shoes and boots are for going out though Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Details please!!!!  Maker? Design? Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i have countless pairs of both shoes an boots - fav boots are pair of stupidly high kurt geiger - fantabulous!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

All of mine are FM boots Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Kurt Geiger, nice! Totally inconvenient and all the better for it I imagine. :)

Again, just to re-iterate, this is a thread for men and women!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Details?  You're starting to sound like a perv lol.   I have New Rock boots for when I'm on the bike or if I'm going to be standing up all night, but the rest are platforms and stilettos from various places - nothing from major designers as yet, although I love the red soles on the Christian Louboutin shoes.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

lol @ Trish, mine have been known to be!                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

LOL all ladies boots should be FM's Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

dont have to be "names" though - inconvenience comes in any guises!! i just have to love them - need to feel the need to stroke them (not in a perv way BM!!) - and make me feel special when i put them on!! xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

That's exactly it. I bought a pair of Jeffery West (lined with green leather) which had a comedy image stamped into the sole very lightly which was gone after 5 minutes wear.

The detail matters, the personal touch makes you feel looked after.  Like a single malt with the label badly stuck on or a cuban cigar with a horse hair rolled into the leaf accidentally.  None of it came off a production line.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i think the difference is that beautiful ladies shoes/boots make the wearer feel instantly more sexy and sexual - or maybe i am just a perv BM!! haha                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

but maybe thats just because i'm not a very "girly" woman, but nice shoes are one of the few feminine things i like (and dont get me started on perfume!!) lol xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It's definitely not an issue about gender/sex.  As I say, for me it's purely about the personal touch - I know for certain that a relatively local human being has made them.   A bit like my guitar, I pushed the boat out for that because so many are made on south east asian production nowadays that i paid the extra for a real american dude, probably chewing tobaccee while he made it!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

but thats what matters to you - what matters to me is that i like the aesthetics - the look of the shoe, the look when i'm wearing it, how it makes me feel instantly to put on a pair of gorgeous shoes!!
especially if i can find something a little unusual with buckles, laces, etc xx                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

I always take my boots in a trailor......just incase!!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8120 seconds. There are 1460 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption