Your Favourite Quote...

115 Posts | Latest reply on 24/07/2011 16:16:27 by petevfr | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I have a good have dozen or so quotes that I apply to situations on a daily basis. Here’s my top two; “The World is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.” - Albert Einstein. “Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock.   “Or the one” - Kirk. So what’s yours?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

If you've nowt positive to say, keep your big mouth shut....                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sorry, I don’t follow what you mean kwakarider. But here are my other quotes that I live by 24/7. But please, do tell me if these are not positive too;   "All Animals except Man know the ultimate of life is to enjoy it"- Samuel Butler.   “Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight” – Albert Schweitzer.   "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi.                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Err its not that hard just read what he said or did you think it was directed at yourself ?                                                                                                                                                                              
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

What goes around comes around...       (and same as kwakriders it isn't directed at anyone)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. Abraham Lincoln                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

Im gonna make him an offer he cant refuse,,,

frankly my dear i dont give a damn,,,

and an original quote by Boody,,,  The pen is mightier than the sword!! (yeah but not if i stick it up your nose it aint !!)Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Old age is inevertable.....Growing up is optional

If you cannot handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

If you treat others with tact, diplomacy and consideration you cant go far wrong :)
My Dad lol

from me ....................... if i cant dazzle you with brilliance i will baffle you with bulls***

WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

its like riding a bike !!                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

lol - aren't Dads great for coming out with brilliant quotations.

Mine has come out with a couple of pearls!

One was when I told him that I was learning to filter through traffic (aged 17) and he turned on me with "You be f**king careful doing that" which stunned me as I'd never really heard my Dad swear.  After a few seconds of silence he realised it was the first time he'd sworn in front of me and said: "What do you expect, twenty four years in the Army, I can swear non-stop for over five minutes, using swear words from four languages!"  lol!

But my favourite was:  "If you find yourself in an argument with someone, never use violence, always try and solve the issue through discussion ... and if that doesn't work, smack 'em in the gob!"                                                                                                                                                                              
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

never eat yellow snow!
never pCensoredon an electric fence!
dont french kiss a cobra,

i do therefore i am,, j,p satre
doo be doo be doo,,, sinatra                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

kwakarider, I misunderstood you. What a plonker I am as I was looking for the author. Sorry! (Thanks jp for the PM pointing this out! LOL). A good one though.   Yep, I know that one feistygirl, a well known and how true that saying is.   I’ve not heard of Boss Mom’s Abraham Lincoln quote though. Obviously he was a smart politician thinking, renowned for his quote, as he couldn’t obviously fool everyone at the same time. But don’t our politicians try the opposite lol?   Boody, I got the godfather one (yep I remember the scene before the horse bit lol), but I had to google the other, Clark Gable? And I agree, the Pen is by far mightier. But no, I don’t fancy it up my nose lol. (That rings a bell).   lone_rider, I totally agree Growing up is optional. I had to google your second one, not just for the author (Marilyn Monroe?) but also its meaning (and I’m still searching lol!).   BJ, I’d like to think like your Dad, but, hmm, it can be difficult at times! And talking of red mist, the bulls*** is another word I'd use for science or rocket science. I don’t really know you but I think you’re too nice for that.   WheelyNealy’s, its like riding a bike !! Same as a the proverbial ‘like a fish to water’ I think. (I wish I could ride my bike like a fish!). Geoff, I was only in the Junior Army and I used to laugh at the Cpl’s every time they piped up. I just couldn’t take swearing seriously. It was only in one language though!   Snow, electric fence, not heard of the cobra, but makes perfect sense though, boody. Oh my, right now, I’m on the floor about the Sinatra. Brilliant! doo be doo be doo pmsl!                                                                                                                                                                              
loving it's Profile
loving it

In: Bradford

I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs, or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me. Big smile

Four wheels move the body,  two wheels move the soul.Thumbs Up

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

.... move the soul.... absolutely                                                                                                                                                                             
wenders's Profile
wenders

In: Never Never Land

Live and let live!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

unless its directed at somebody you really dont like wend, then its" die please die"LOL,,

glad you like ronaldo,, oh and the sinatra bit is also mine!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

How very true wenders, reminds me of a song though. But that must be yours and boody’s latest combined? lol   Yep Sinatra, really funny boody. I would patent it!                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

F*** O**, and when you get there, f*** off a bit mor

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

bandit lover, is that like the one; “go forth and multiply” one lol?                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7656 seconds. There are 695 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption