New name for BikerMatch

103 Posts | Latest reply on 13/07/2011 23:00:15 by potnoodles | Go to original / last post
The Dark One's Profile
The Dark One

In: Mid Wales
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Well I for one didnt join BM as a dating site, but i see the attraction for those who would, I personally think Whatever you decide on should reflect both sides of the coin, also the fact that when you are a member you are NEVER alone, ie the tech help section and lift requests etc! the site has it all, for everybody. run by bikers and enjoyed by bikers. I'm thinking along the lines of " Bikerworld" Because, thats what it is! a whole new world for the biker, Whatever you ride, Whatever you like, Whatever you do, And whatever you need, Its all here on this World!!! The Bikerworld!   And you are only spinning the "M" upside down! Oh and if you spelt it Bikerwurld, its available Matt!                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

I agree about the site name, if it's not broken, don't fix it.   I also like the idea of the name appearing as 'BM' on merchandise.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

BM is good for me , basically mental says it all really lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Well how about 'Bike joy' and the fact that can join free.....pmsl..... then the t-pshirt would read ........' BJ Free' .....ha ha ha that would go down well at the Bulldog bash' ...pardon the punLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

hey if it said BJ free does that mean i cant go lol                                                                                                                                                                              
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

Oooooooo I so want to comment, but I think I'd get banned !!!!!! :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Blimey WB are you ok ?????                                                                                                                                                                              
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

Just being a good boy :-))                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

like i said are you feeling ok ?????????????????                                                                                                                                                                              
Big Al..'s Profile
Big Al..

In: Rugby

how about   www.thejoysofnakedbiking.com
  That'll get a few hitsCensored                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

BM'ers = Bummers LOL

if you are going for Biker Match & Meets then how about

www.bmm.co.uk or www.bmm.com

Its available Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Think we're just gonna stick with the current name now.  Need to get a tattoo artist to come up with something funky with the initials B M though.   Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

In: London

Hey Matt spoke to friends today they are gonna put an email together with logo and varios merchandice they can do and quotes Thumbs Up They already do a load of stuff for bands and have previosly had dealings with other bike sites so will forward onto you when it arrives should be good 
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

I quite like The Dark Ones suggestion of Bikerworld.
Bikermatch does sound more like a dating site and that's not the reason I and I suspect others  joined.
I'm not renewing this weekend and that's one of the reasons. If I'm not an isolated case that suggests it is broken.
JP's Profile
JP

96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

LTGR You said your resons for joining BM were not as a dating site so why did you join ? if it was the social side and you enjoyed it why leave dont make much sence to me. As for it being broken its not broken it has developed into more than a dating site, it bring so much to the hundreds of bikers both male and female who dont have many riding buddys to ride or just dont like doing just the big rallys                                                                                                                                                                              
invalid characters

Yep it was for the social side JP. Following a motorcycle racing accident my licences were revoked for what turned out to-be 5 years. After a further year of driving the car I hired a bike, that went pretty good. 2 days later cancer was diagnosed, so that took priority.

If me turning up for rallies in a car was acceptable that would-be OK, but that restricts me a lot.
 Long story, but all my camping equipment is race orientated and therefore not suitable for bike transportation.

In short my personal circumstances don't fit the target customer for this site anymore. It's that simple.

If there was more interaction and activity on the forums on the forums I might-be interested.

JP's Profile
JP

96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

The BM rally is car friendly so are the camps we have so I don't see the problem your talking about or am I just thick                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

LTG sounds like you've had a real bad run of luck and circumstance.

I know some rallies are very strict on the no car rule, all i can say is anything that we organise is everybodt friendly, whether its a camp, a day out, a night out etc.

When you say more interaction , in what respect??

And for yur circumstances what would you like to see more off???

invalid characters

That's restrictive for-me  in itself JP, I quite appreciate that but it becomes just BM events I'm restricted to which doesn't really suit me TBH.
I'm better off IMO keeping in touch with my "old-crowd" and rekindling some old friendships I've met on FB. And anyway the toilets are better at race meetings.Wink

Bit late in the day for me to be making suggestion BJ and;
a/ it's not my site.
b/On the face of it my circumstances are pretty unusual, but the areas/people I know they're not. In fact I'm one of the lucky ones IMO. I didn't get the wheelchair job. (Spent a long time with a zimmer and sticks though.)
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

hi LTGTR , dont think weve spoken , if you have a blue badge , you are more than welcome at 88% of the rallies , or better still get yourself on the back of a trike and let mrs get you there ...... join BTW because there are a lot of disabled riders  , and check out "trikes r us" in cambridgeshire  its an awesum event

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8750 seconds. There are 572 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption