Lowered foot pegs

12 Posts | Latest reply on 31/05/2011 08:25:51 by Roachy | Go to original / last post
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I know a few people have fitted bar risers to their bikes to improve comfort but does anyone have any experience with altering the footpegs?   I get a lot of knee pain from my bike that I didn't get on the CG so can only presume it's from the more cramped leg position.                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

If you lower your pegs you will alter the ground clearence on corners ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=384

Try that, I believe they are good, although it's not something I have ever had an issue with
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

That's an obvious concern JP but I think I'm a fair way off scraping the pegs. LOL I'm also only looking at moving them down and forward by an inch and if that didn't improve things then I either keep taking the painkillers and lots of stops or maybe change the bike but I don't want to do that. Unhappy   Cheers for the link Shell but they're for a Deauville and nothing showing for a CBR6.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

rach, when i had the gsxr 750 k7, you could take the footpegs off and there were three factory fitted mounting positions, from stock, maybe worth a look to see if yours can also do the same                                                                                                                                                                              
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

Talk the foot pegs off? Is that like talking the hind legs off a donkey coz I'm quite good at that! LOL
  Thanks for the suggestion, I shall make sure G knows what you've said and get him to check.   I have the same issue with G's pillion pegs and we saw a couple at H-le-H last weekend with lowered pegs and she thought they were great.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

spelling edited, yes the gixer had three postions, took minutes to change and did make a difference, hope it helps, i would be surprised if yours didnt also have the same                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Very few bikes have adjustable pegs. Good idea though.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

its the mounting positions of the pegs geoff, undo the bolts and there may well be forther mounting holes.                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

1st she needs to know how we clean our helmets now there talking about mounting holes don't know where this site is going next                                                                                                                                                                              
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

I noticed whilst pillying on Sunday that my ankles and legs ached more than ever before, and I put this down to wearing proper riding trousers and boots.    I put my discomfort down to my attire being bulkier and more movement restrictive.   Does that mean, (and this is a genuine question) that the pilly pegs would need to be moved?                                                                                                                                                                               
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

PMSL @ JP...just where does your mind reside young man!   That's a good point BL, I suffer more pain when I wear the thermal lining of my trousers. I get swelling in the legs as well as pain and the material at the back of the knee seems to bite, if that makes sense. I've considered cutting a circle of material out behind the knee as I don't get cold there.   What bike are you pillying on BL? Geoff's got a CB1300 which you'd think would be comfortable but the pegs are quite high really.   My trousers are textiles, can't get leathers to fit. Cry                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5000 seconds. There are 768 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption