Weather permitting ???????

53 Posts | Latest reply on 31/05/2011 16:54:22 by Matt | Go to original / last post
acrazybiker's Profile
acrazybiker

In: barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I think the point is, if you've planned to go on a ride out, why would a little bit of rain put you off.
If going on a week of touring, and it rains on the first day do you cancel it and go home.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Well done acrazybiker Thumbs Up It only took 2 pages worth of posts before someone got the point LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

it would put me off if i has my 11 year old daughter with me, as why put her through a awful ride out, as i have said again and again on  this each to there own, i have no doubt there are people who CAN afford to go on every ride out they want in all weathers, but when you have to pick and choose due to money surely you can relate to choosing a good day !!!!!
sumodwarf's Profile
sumodwarf

In: billericay
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Rain wind sleet snow sunshine out all year,i like riding mi bikes                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

dont we all sumo if we can afford to do so !                                                                                                                                                                              
Charlie Charles's Profile
Charlie Charles

In: Tidworth

I watch the met office rain radar like a hawk and its very reliable, but I think if Ive committed to a ride out it would have to be torential to put me off. Showers and light rain I can deal with. Ive got a bit of touring lined up as well I can't imagine turning back because its going to hammer it down...                                                                                                                                                                             
loving it's Profile
loving it

In: Bradford

Our weather is so unpredictable that it could be lashing it down in one area and dry 20 minutes down the road.....who can tell  Question As long as you have the right gear you're ok to go out anytime.   Personally i would rather be in the car if it's REALLY bad weather but i did 160 miles in North Yorkshire the other weekend in the rain and really enjoyed myself. I found it incredibly cosy in the helmet and if you're nice and warm it's not that much of an issue.......apart from the obvious risk of slipping etc Shocked   But....i  do find the sun gives us more riding freedom, maybe i'm just in-experienced? It is so much nicer to be able to lean into the bends without fear of slipping, and to take the lid off and sit outside in the sun having a cuppa rather than shivering in full leathers and trying to find a pub with a warm open fire.....although that's nice and cosy too with a hot chocolate Thumbs Up......just not nice going back out into the cold,rain,hailstone etc   Obviously if you ride  all year round in all weathers you're  going to be more confident then those who don't. But i really don't think a judgement should be made on fellow riders who choose not to attend a ride out because of the weather conditions. As already said each to their own.Approve                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Scoob, in my first post i said that i won't go out for a full on blast if it's wet, but if going for a ride out or a meet up then i'll still go if it's raining. If that didn't answer the point of your question... lol! Tongue

Quoted = "If it's meet up and ride out like whitby last weekend, no problem, still went, and it was peeing down when i left home.
If however, i was out purely to get leant over and through corners as fast as possible, then i'd save it for another day if it was wet.
Just my own personal preferences Smile"
Ian - my sentiments exactly! If i could afford to ride every day i would, but my pockets ain't that deep lol!
And 'Loving it' you got it right too. It's just the same as any situation, would I rather be out in the sun or the rain? Bit of a no brainer to me seeing as i'm not a duck - however my username may sound KWAK ! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
94% Karma94% Karma 94% Karma94% Karma

Isnt it a case of respecting each others opinions and accept we may not all match, the world is full of unique folk and i for one are glad of that :)

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

my point exactly jackie...well said !!!!!!Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yes indeed! I've been trying to get that across myself lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Was in holland [ASSEN] last year ,got cooked in leathers at junctions and tail backs etc. goin to moto gp in august not lookin forward to melt down lol[not used to heat ],   Everyones goin on about rain try 25degrees and above   Leathers or draggin jeans??                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

draggin jeans everytime Emdee !!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Need a size 30 waist any offers ,or 90 quids worth , by the way i`m gonna sunny as hell SAN MARINO.                                                                                                                                                                             
laimdan's Profile
laimdan

In: Manchester

I ride all year round, dont drive a car have never learnt.  As long as you go out prepared for bad weather you will stay warm and dry.                                                                                                                                                                               
sumodwarf's Profile
sumodwarf

In: billericay

your all girls just ride                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Lol @ sumo                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

Does that mean if you really a girl then it's ok to be one? LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Lol sumo !!!!

Some girls don't mind riding in wet !

Only conditions I won't go out in is snow n ice Or if it's really really cold, and that's only cos of my circulation being bad.

As a learner I only missed Dec n Jan on the bike and last year Nov Dec n Jan, and this was cos of snow where we live.

If I have aranged a ride out and the weather is bad Ian n I will still head to the meeting point then see what the group wants to do.

shelleygirl's Profile
shelleygirl

In: Stoke-on-Trent

i go out in all weather except ice and snow (unless i m caught out by weather) as bike only transport    you do what you have to at the time, each to there own                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.1719 seconds. There are 443 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption