Ride Out - May 30th Bank Holiday Monday

73 Posts | Latest reply on 05/06/2011 01:31:33 by acrazybiker | Go to original / last post
mikelebike's Profile
mikelebike

In: Liverpool
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Sounds great 
- I'll have to check plans with my other half & see if I can escape? 
(she'd only pillion if it was a bimble) 
I'll get back to you Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
triple1's Profile
triple1

In: Preston

Contenders so far:   DaftUn Acrazybiker Kwakarider StaticNoir Firebladejohn Clinton Fastjock Pumpkin triple1                                                                                                                                                                             
acrazybiker's Profile
acrazybiker

In: barnsley

Looks like its going to be a mega, ride out. I hope you all know what your letting yourself in for.LOL
Though i don't think you will need tyre warmers, though the pace will be very hot

Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

I guess this answers my question, no..not all BM ride outs are a tortuous affair.   Although this is far too long for me and I suspect the pace will be too fast for me as well although that's subjective isn't it, what's fast to one person is slow to another.   There's no pleasing some people is there! LOL!                                                                                                                                                                              
loving it's Profile
loving it

In: Bradford

Hi.....i'm new to the forum and not joined you for a ride yet.   This route looks great but having never covered more than 200miles in a day i thought i could join you just up to Alston and then make my own way home. That would be a 215 mile round trip.....enough for me and my carple tunnel!!!                                                                                                                                                                                 
loving it's Profile
loving it

P.s  If anybody is going from around the Bradford area maybe i could join you and meet with the others in Settle?   Thanks, Linda.                                                                                                                                                                             
S24_SDJ's Profile
S24_SDJ

In: Huddersfield

Tempting!

I'll let you know.                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Sounds like an awesome ride out, but as Cornwall is end of that week i best save my pennies for that lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Indeed, you're buying all the sweeties                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Would love to do this ride out - I adore the roads up there. However, think it's prob a tad too far for us to do all  in one day from where we are Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

What's the etiquette going to be on this ride? I've already mentioned that what's fast to one person is slow to another. Everyone has been warned this is going to be a fast ride but what happens if someone comes along and can't keep up?   Actually, don't answer that. I'm going to post a seperate thread so I don't derail this one.                                                                                                                                                                              
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
41% Karma41% Karma 41% Karma41% Karma

Knowing DaftUn and ACB, I can assure folk it will be a fast ride lol....  Will be fantastic for those that enjoy these type of rides and great to see Karen (DaftUn) has organised it for the speed freaks on here Thumbs Up

DaftUn's Profile
DaftUn

In: Preston

@ Blackberry - thank you Smile   @ Raochy – I’ve purposely mentioned on the initial post that this ride out is not for the faint hearted – that it will be a long hard fast ride out, covering in excess of 320 miles.

Consequently I’m expecting experienced riders who like a challenge.
From the replies given, the thread is obviously attracting those riders who enjoy and are expecting a blast.

For those that can’t keep up . . .  if you have any doubt as to whether or not you’ll manage, then why not come along for part of the ride and see how you get on. Don’t worry, we’ll not leave you behind. We’ll have a riding system in place – tailgate Charlie? Last man? Which we’ll discuss when we all meet up.
Alternatively, get in touch and we can arrange another ride out to suit you  :)     I’ll be distributing maps of the route on the day, and I’ll be sending out contact details etc too.

Meeting at mine (PR5) 9am – 9.30am for breakfast. We must leave between 9.45/10pm.
Settle for 10.30/10.40 to meet Kwakaride and anyone else at the petrol station.
Hawes for 11/11.15 to meet Fastjock and anyone else
And then we’ll be on our way. .

Please pm me if you've any questions whatsoever.
Karen                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

enjoy all !!!                                                                                                                                                                              
loving it's Profile
loving it

Count me in  Clap                                                                                                                                                                              
shawy42's Profile
shawy42

In: chadderton

Ive been riding bikes for 4 years, Im not a fast rider but i do believe im a competent rider............. and competent means no your limits or another way which is used a lot is your comfort zone..........

Ive Ridden with Daftun and ACB 3 times and may i say what gr8 ride outs they was :), I would ride in my zone enjoying the day knowing that i did not have to push the bike harder than i wanted too which would take me out of my comfort zone because at the next junction or roundabout there would be our little BM possie of riders waiting for you :)))))))

so if anyone out there as been put off by some comments on this forum all i will say to you no your limits and you will all be fine :)))))                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

if anyone is doing this ride who has not done these type of rides before than please be careful towards the end of the ride, that's when your getting tired and can make a mistake

Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=1643                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi people
Unfortunately, my sister has had a bit of an accident & I may be required to assist her over the BH weekend so may not make this ride out.

I'm an experienced rider and enjoy making good progress, but if it's all about speed, then it's a bit worrying considering a group of bikers have been charged with death by dangerous driving when someone in the group hit a car. No other riders were involved, but the police have still held them responsible!
S24_SDJ's Profile
S24_SDJ

In: Huddersfield

They haven't done there job properly unless they put the blame on someone and filled up the overcrowded prisons a little bit more...

'Accident' is not in a PCs handbook.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7969 seconds. There are 908 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption