Submissions for the Events Calendar

83 Posts | Latest reply on 13/05/2011 17:00:12 by JP | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Hi Everyfolk   Just recently I've been getting a few VENUES submitted for inclusion onto the calendar, unless the venue is accompanied by an actual event it won't be added to the event calendar.   If you would like to publicise, or recommend, a biker-friendly venue then the forum is the place for it, not the event calendar.   Thanks for your contributions, they are welcome just not in the calendar.    Sandi Big smile                                                                                                                                                                                
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

What about weekly biking meet ups at a venue ? after all nothings happening just its biker night each week. 

Like the Vic every Thursday ... thats on the calender                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Recurring events were added by Matt at the request of a member who said there were BM members going.   Even if BM members don't attend, it's still an EVENT.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

So a venue that has a weekly bikers meeting can go as an event ? and even as a reoccurring event ?

Sorry just clarifying what is & is not acceptable                                                                                                                                                                               
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

it was proberly me , ( knuckles rapped again lol) submitted 3 do`s and only one went to the events page ........ SorRy Ouch                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Thats what I am trying to clarify Mic ... if its a do, at a venue, & BM members going ... then its an event from what Sandi just said                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

So a venue that has a weekly bikers meeting can go as an event ? and even as a reoccurring event ?   Yes, it's an EVENT.   All I am saying is a venue that isn't having an event won't be added. It's a CALENDAR, for events to be added.     To submit a venue without an actual event upcoming means I have to be a mind reader to know what is taking place there, and if nothing is taking place then there's no reason for it to be on the calendar.                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I thought mind-reading was a pre-requisite of Bikermatch staff, or is that just women in general lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

But ... what I am saying is, just a, heres a good bikers pub some of us fancy having a meet up there ... by its nature (ie the Vic's & Bassets pole weekly meets) makes it an event ... even tho there is nothing else going on ...

You said   

unless the venue is accompanied by an actual event it won't be added to the event calendar.

The Vic is just a weekly bikers night, as is Bassets pole on a Tuesday.

They are even listed in events as :--- 

Bassetts Pole (Brewers Fayre)

Bike night every Tuesday. 

Situated on the corner of the A38 and A446.

On a warm night this venue can easily have a couple of thousand bikers from all around, but be aware that there is nearly always a police presence and spot checks are not unusual.                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

LOL BM   Shell, both are events, events are what the calendar requires, not just the name of a place and nothing happening.   A calendar is for events I can't think of another way to explain it to you.   Now you are just being pedantic Shell, all events have a venue.   I think I've made myself clear, or at least I've tried to.                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

SO ...let me see if this is clearer, I think what your trying to say 

When submitting an event , or a venue for meeting up, ie weekly bike meet ... Please be sure that you enter a description of what is going on in the Description/Details of event box do not leave it blank ... as if there is no description it will not be entered into the calender 

IE   

Description/Details of event Johnsmiths pub is having a bikers night and some of us will be meeting up 
Lots of bikes & parking available, people usually arriving about 8pm food also available 

Also if its a regular event there then people should say what day it is on ? 

without the description it wont go on ?                                                                                                                                                                               
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Think Im going back to bed and starting the day all over again                                                                                                                                                                              
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

you could have put the kettle on for me JP                                                                                                                                                                             
whackojacko's Profile
whackojacko

In: Ayr
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Jings! it must go with the hormones. wtf!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ooh, Scotland the Brave there Jacko lol                                                                                                                                                                             
whackojacko's Profile
whackojacko

In: Ayr
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Yea pet, school yard stuff isn't it                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

is there a problem if the vic weekly meet is on events ? is a established bike meet, week in week out, it welcomes bikers to stay over, and always a welcome from fellow bikers, does it really matter, i thought we are trying to get meets for our members more popular, and it was me who put up the meet at the vic as asked by matt ???
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Sandi, I don't get why this topic come about....nobody is just adding the name of a venue are they?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Sandie's original post stated :  unless the venue is accompanied by an actual event it won't be added to the event calendar.

If you would like to publicise, or recommend, a biker-friendly venue then the forum is the place for it, not the event calendar.

What I was saying is that surely a weekly venue IS an event when members are going, or when members are trying to get others to meet up there, just because there is not a band playing, or a ride out taking place, its still an event ... the Vic & Bassets pole were just as a 'for example' as in the descriptions it refers to them being a VENUE not event Confused

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

youve lost me shell lmao ... hello by the way !!                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.0664 seconds. There are 1044 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption