Virus Warning Please Read

11 Posts | Latest reply on 11/05/2011 19:37:53 by Matt | Go to original / last post
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

In: Stockport
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

DELETED BY ADMIN (Matt). Please do not circulate junk/spam/hoax messages on BikerMatch                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Some virus warnings can be a hoax, check them out by following the link, there you'll find a list of them   http://antivirus.about.com/od/emailhoaxes/l/blenhoax.htm                                                                                                                                                                             
RobL's Profile
RobL

In: Wolverhampton
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Also Microsoft do not classify virus'.  This is done by security agencies.   These type of messages are in themsleves a form of spam as they are relying on prople to follow the instructions and post to the people in their contacts list!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

checked your link not listed looks like this is a real one DOA                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Don't open anything you weren't expecting to get. Consider all unsolicited mail as junk and you shouldn't fall foul of the buggers.   MSN keep sending me mail and directing it to my JUNK box LOL you'd think they'd have more faith in their own mail LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

In: Stockport
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Hey, was just trying to be helpful.  Everyone has the choice to ignore or act on any information they receive.                                                                                                                                                                              
nellie's Profile
nellie

In: nottingham
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

This message warns recipients to watch out for emails with an attachment called "Black in the White House". A later version changes the wording slightly to "Black Muslim in the White House". The message warns that opening the attachment will launch a destructive computer virus that will "burn" the hard drive of the recipient's computer thereby damaging it beyond repair. Supposedly, the virus destroys the "Zero Sector" on the infected computer's hard drive. According to the warning, the virus has been classified as the "most destructive ever" by Microsoft and CNN.However, the information in the message is untrue. There is no a virus like the one described in the warning. In fact, the warning is just a newer incarnation of an older virus hoax that has circulated for several years............

or like sandi wrote if your not sure dont open it .............

RobL's Profile
RobL

In: Wolverhampton
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Wasn't having a go clarkee!  Just that I see this every day and we have thousands of these hit our servers each day!   As you say it is up to each but I just thought the more information about these things people have the better they can evaluate the situation!                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

A  couple of simple tips if you recieve email that you think is dodgy,,

1.dont open it in the first place.
2. if you think it may be from a friend because it says it is!, phone them up and ask them giving the time it was sent.
3. delete without opening suspect mail , then run a security scan over the entire pc.                                                                                                                                                                             
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

I have to say i'm surprised at how many banks the company i work for has and how many times they issue security alerts that someone has hacked the companies bank accounts and that I need to take action and click on the link...... needless to say the spam box i monitor wastes my time on a daily basis!!!
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

deleted original message text.   leaving this topic up to let people know NOT to share this junk on BM.   I hate when I get emails like this (or all the recurring spam that gets circulated around Facebook, grrrrr)                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4688 seconds. There are 732 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption