Barmouth Refugee Aid Campaign - Please give Generously

53 Posts | Latest reply on 24/05/2011 22:44:34 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
94% Karma94% Karma 94% Karma94% Karma

As you folks will have read, our recent trip to Barmouth ended in disaster for some folk.  Due to extreme high winds, to my knowledge 11 people lost tents and other camping equipment.

If anybody has any spare tents, camping stuff in general that you dont want anymore, please let me know so that we can get these guys up and running for the rest of the rally season without it hurting them to much in the pocket Thumbs Up

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Didnt realise it was that bad jackie hun :(                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

what a nice thing to do BJ, wish I could help out but I havent got anything to give, just glad that people were safe, equipment can be replaced, people can't                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

I'll have a root through our stuff & see what we've doubled up on Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Clinton, everyone is keeping a smile on their faces, just trying to kick start them off again :)

There are some pics on the events calendar of the flattened camp and the air raid shelter lol

Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

That's a brilliant idea BJ.   I'm sorry I haven't got anything spare. I only have the bare essentials myself.     Could try local FreecyclesThumbs Up    http://www.uk.freecycle.org/                                                                                                                                                                                   
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

On the case Kaz

wahooooo already been offered 1 tent Thumbs Up

Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Yayyyyyy nice one !!! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

BM folk are the best Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
sumodwarf's Profile
sumodwarf

In: billericay
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

i got tent happy for someone to have                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

my wee samurai i blow a kiss in ur general direction lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

A lovely thing to do BJ, you know if I had I'd give too -  I'm relieved everyones safe who went, like Tracey says things can be replaced but friends can't  x

Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

if most of us on BM sent you a pound it would be a lot of money                                                                                                                                                                              
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I'm so lucky I wasn't affected cos I had to leave early but I've seen the piccies and I'm stunned and feel for my friends. I would happily send a pound as Bill suggests. I know that one person in particular lost an awful lot this weekend Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
RobL's Profile
RobL

In: Wolverhampton
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

I really like that idea.  Is there anyway we can set this up to donate £1 ( or moer if you wish!)??   I am glad eveyone is OK but to loose so much at the begining of the season is terrible.   I will willingly give to this cause if we can set something up!                                                                                                                                                                             
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

I've had stuff ripped away by high winds before in Cornwall so I know what it's like.Put me down for a donation if you can get it sorted                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

PLEASE dont say that Pond ... we are all off to Cornwall in 5 weeks time ... I could not bear to loose another tent there Cry

1st & last outing for Chez I & M Cry                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Great idea folks but its difficult to set up, and takes time, which is why i was asking if folk had spare stuff so the guys can get up and running asap :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Wish I could help too :<<
The pics look awful......sorry about the new residence Shell Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
honda baby's Profile
honda baby

In: Belper

BJ I have a spare tent Big smile if anyone needs it, and are happy to come pick it up , then just pm me and you are welcome Thumbs Up,,,,HB x                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5332 seconds. There are 446 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption