Kevlar Jeans...

13 Posts | Latest reply on 20/05/2011 17:40:19 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Charlie Charles's Profile
Charlie Charles

In: Tidworth
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Are the 'Kevlar jeans' just good for local riding or would you wear them on a slightly longer trip if the weather was nice?   And how much protection do they offer?                                                                                                                                                                              
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

In: London

Hey Charlie I had kevlar jeans on when i had my off they were pretty good just ended up with light graze on my leg ..... used them on long and local rides so choice is yours really.

If weather changes put wet weathers over top                                                                                                                                                                                
nawe's Profile
nawe

In: winsford chesh

i've not come across anyone that's slid down the road in them yet.. so can't comment on that aspect.. but i've worn mine on long trips.. i do have knee armour in them.. felt a little "under-dressed" at 1st.. soon got over that.. cos it was very warm.. felt much more comfortable than full leather for sure.. and i guess a few years ago before armour etc we didn't concern ourselves overly.. ....                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth

Ive worn them on longer journeys, mine have both knee and hip armour in them that i can move to get in the right place for me, they def much more comfywen its warm                                                                                                                                                                             
nawe's Profile
nawe

well that's good to know jabs... not that you slid down the tarmac of course... seems a thumbs up for them then Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Charlie Charles's Profile
Charlie Charles

In: Tidworth

Just been wearing the 'Kevlar jeans' locally at the moment and I have got the extra armour to insert in the knee pockets. But I was out visiting mates near Northampton about a 140 mile round trip and I wore my proper riding gear. Even though the weather was good.  
I think I would probably prefered to wear the Jeans.                                                                                                                                                                             
nawe's Profile
nawe

go for the jeans Charlie...                                                                                                                                                                             
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

In: London

Nawe i did slide a bit and they did give a bit hence the slight grazing but on the hole stood up really well.

Charlie i used to ride from northampton to the ACE and up to belper in them and was well comfy in warm to hot weather

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Ian & I both have jeans, with knee armor in them, we got them for touring round France last summer as didnt want to be in full textiles with the heat wave that was forecast. 

They did us lovely & we still use them now on long trips if the weather is good Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
firebladejohn's Profile
firebladejohn

In: darwen

hello                                                                                                                                                                              
Harleyphernalia's Profile
Harleyphernalia

In: Llanfairpwll..

Bought some draggin jeans second hand off a mate. went sliding at 70 down the tarmac. no real injuries sustained because of them, only burns to my knees where  i was dragged under with the bike. . so in my opinion, theyre as good as leather. in fact, ive had an off with leathers that have tore apart at the seams, so like most things depends on the circumstances, but yes they stood up well.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i was gonna buy a pair a kevlar jeans off a bm member, but he has disabled his profile and i cant find any contact details, now i cant send him the 33 quid to have him send them !!!Cry                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

PM sent on how to sort it Ian Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5781 seconds. There are 617 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption